Chapter Twenty-One

Expelled 

(Week 7) Wednesday, 8:00am. Ryoba smiled evilly at the drug, this is the final step she could eliminate rival number 8. One last time she plopped the powder in her bag, she felt her lips curved without end. 

She went back to her class and read her novels. Right now she's reading a romance about a guy who would go to great lengths to help the girl despite the girl not loving him. It reminded her how she's the boy and Senpai is the girl. 

She wished this story had a happy ending and it did. She reached at the end to read that the boy was accepted by his lover but was killed and the girl cried. It was bittersweet but she hoped  they would both live happily ever after. 

Ryoba sighed that she wanted to be with Senpai as soon as she could. She couldn't hold the urge to hug and kiss him already. However, she still shy away from Senpai as she couldn't do anything but peek at him from her head looking at the ground. 

The yandere felt exhausted just doing the elimination, she needed a party to celebrate how far she came. 

(Week 7) Wednesday, 5:02pm. The girl felt her world spinning just looking at a pack of drugs in her bag. The counsellor slammed her hands on the desk, so disappointed she wanted to disown this student in front of her. 

"That's it! Teiko Nabatasai, you are expelled from Academia High! Leave this instance!" Teiko sobbed how her life was ruined and her reputation was destroyed by none other than Ryoba Aishi.  

"We finished her?" Togo smiled at Ryoba as she nodded at the guy. "Alright, let's celebrate and drink some beer," Atatsuma handed Aishi a can of beer as they went up on the rooftop, talking about their class and activities. 

"You think it's all the rivals?" Ryoba asked Togo who looked at the sunset. Togo thought for a while and saw the mesmerising sunset. It could be but still a lot of girls liked Senpai, and even some hidden really well that Aishi couldn't see it. 

"I don't think so but I could be wrong," he heard Ryoba sighed. He understood she was getting tired of eliminating rivals. "Why don't you want to quit? I could see you're tired with all the killing. Even you looked undetermined to have Senpai." 

Her arms wrapped her legs, her face hidden on her thighs. "I just feel…there's no purpose if I don't chase my Senpai. My mother succeeded to have her soulmate, and I have wanted that ever since I felt my world was colourless." 

Her mother, yes, her abusive mother always makes Ryoba miserable. When he said her world was pink when she's near Senpai and how her heart beats so fast. How she felt her life change because of her Senpai. 

"When you said you met your Senpai, did your mother also have a senpai just like you?" Ryoba nodded, impressed that Togo was smart enough by just listening to her words. "The senpai she had was your dad?" Ryoba nodded. 

"You could say it's a tradition from generation to generation from my family." 

"More like your genes were passed from your mom, your grandma and your ancestors." 

Ryoba thought more about it, it's true that it's from genes. She did remember tapes in her basement, she can show Togo her collection of tapes from her mother. "Hey, you want to go to my house? I want to show you something." 

”What do you want to show me?" Atatsuma looked weirded out how he was suddenly invited to her house. "If it's something gruesome, then no. I couldn't even handle the smell of corpses." 

"Not that. I want you to hear some tapes from my family. Although they aren't here, I wish I could introduce them to you," Ryoba smiled sadly. She looked like a little girl who was lost in this corrupted world. 

When Ryoba said she wanted to introduce him to his parents, that means…doesn't that mean he is her boyfriend? But maybe she only thought of him as a friend, maybe she felt lonely without a person she could invite to her house. 

Maybe he was the first person she invited to her home. "Alright, let's hear those tapes," Togo looked enthusiastic to Ryoba. She smiled before she hugged Togo tightly, appreciating he'll come to her house. He smiled warmly, welcoming Ryoba into his arms for comfort. 

(Week 7) Wednesday, 6:30pm. Ryoba opened the door after unlocking it. He went into the house, missing how it was quite comfortable since he treated it as his second home. "We need to go to the basements, the tapes are there." 

Togo remembered when he wiped Komako almost dead, it gave him nightmares at how brutal he was towards the deceased victim. "I-I think I won't go down there. Can you bring the tapes?" Ryoba paused there for a moment. "Please?" 

She smiled and went to the basement alone while Togo sat at the settee, sighing in relief that he could stay in the living room. After a few minutes passed, Ryoba returned with a recorder and some tapes. "Here it is! It's been so long I haven't heard from these babies." 

She put a tape inside the recorder, waiting to process the cassette tape inside of it. "Is it on? Now…how should I begin? Well, today is our anniversary, Honey! Say hi!" 

Togo listened to the mother's voice, Ryoba looked as if she didn't enjoy it one bit. He wondered why she gave him to listen to this. "Y-Yeah," her father said, but listening to it, he sounded weak. "Ahmya, why did you handcuff me on the-" 

"Because we're going to have our first born!" 

"What?!" The father sounded shocked and dreaded to hear this from her lips. He knew what she was talking about. "W-Wait, this is a mistake-" Togo and Ryoba heard a shift in the tape and it was cut. The ex-delinquent felt lucky the cassette tape didn't go to the explicit stuff. 

Ryoba took out the tape in the recorder and plopped in another one. "Ryoba is so cute! Honey, isn't she the cutest?" Her mother sounded so jovial yet Togo can see the yandere felt indifferent. 

"She is," finally the man in the tape was happy to see he had a beautiful daughter despite the woman she hated bearing this child with him. "Ryoba…" Aishi's lips curled to hear her father was once happy. "I'm really lucky that I have you, Ryoba." 

It stopped and Ryoba changed again with a third tape inserted into the recorder. Togo felt intrigued to hear more of the tapes. "W-What…what have you done?!" The girl paused it, looked angry and yet broken to hear her father panicking. 

Togo lifted one of his hands, then smoothed her back gently with his eyes, felt curious and sympathised with his friend. "You want to hear more?" She asked, not looking at him but looking at the ground. 

He only nodded, wanting to know what made her stop this recording. "You can go to your room, I'll listen to it. After I finish, I'll put it back in the basement," Ryoba felt her heart flutter before placing a kiss on his cheek. 

Togo flushed intensely as Ryoba chuckled at how cute he looked in front of her. She left Togo with the recorder and the tapes and he wants to find out more about her family.