Chapter Six

Rejection

(Week 1) Friday, 7:02am. Kaguya saw Senpai with a book in his hand. She felt awful that she lost the book and wanted to buy a new one for him. But he insisted she shouldn’t. She decided she needed to give Senpai something to compensate for the book. Jokichi saw the girl and walked towards her, wanting something from her. “Hey Wakaizumi-san. I need something from you,” He said with the book looking new in his hands. 

“Oh, Senpai! What do you want?” She asked with guilt invading her heart. She thought when was the right time to bring him to a cafe, having a chat between the two. “Um...I just want to ask if you-” 

“I need your notes for my upcoming test. Could you give me that?” Kaguya felt saddened that he didn't listen to what she finished and cut to what he wanted. No matter, Kaguya wanted to help Senpai and help him for the test. “I’ll give you back at lunchtime.” 

“Sure, I’ll give it to you when I put my bag. I’ll put it at your desk, Senpai. So see you around,” She went her way and felt awfully angry. She didn’t know why but she felt resentful for herself. Ryoba hid behind them and heard every single word they said. Now she needed to find the notes, replacing them with the notes that are completely out of the topic. 

“Do you really need to sabotage her? I mean…your Senpai doesn’t like her anymore,” Togo said behind Ryoba. “You could tell he doesn't look as lovey dovey as before,” They walked inside the school and opened the locker. He took out his shoes and changed to his current one. On the other hand, the yandere already wore her shoes from the locker. 

“No,” she flatly said, standing beside Togo. “I need to be sure today I need to make Senpai don’t like her and accept her confession,” Togo paused from his walking and looked at Ryoba with a question to ask. 

“Confession? You mean-” 

“She’ll confess to him at the cherry tree at 5:30pm. So I do this one last time before I’m definitely sure Senpai would reject that bitch!” Ryoba’s voice rises as every word she speaks. “I need him desperately, you know. Like he’s more important than anyone in my life,” She walked to her class, separating with her and Togo. The ex-delinquent felt terrified by just what she said. He can’t believe he’s with a girl who would kill anything that threatens her senior. 

(Week 1) Friday, 7:21am. Ryoba stood in front of Senpai's desk, the paper lying there to help the boy. However, Ryoba is going to ruin it. She took the right notes and replaced the wrong one on her crush’s desk. Senpai would be mine, she smirked at the thought of Jokichi rejecting Kaguya under the cherry tree, victory would at last be at her hands. She saw a student go in the class as she ran to the other door where it’s the exit. 

Ryoba returned to her class and placed Kaguya’s notes in her bag. For some reason, she felt it was wrong to do it. But it was for Senpai, it’s the right thing to do, she sat at her desk, reading the book Senpai loved. She daydreamed about him until the bell of the school rang. It was time for class. She took out her physical education books and was ready for class. 

(Week 1) Friday, 1:05pm. Kaguya was excited Senpai would give back her notes and expected him to thank her and help him a lot. Instead, a complaint from her crush. “Wakaizumi-san, is this a prank you came up with?” She could detect his voice was disappointed by her. “What I studied was different from what the test gave. You gave me the wrong notes!” He gave back the paper as she read it silently. Widened eyes showed how this is not hers, especially this isn’t her handwriting. 

“W-Wait! This isn’t mine. Someone must have-” 

“I don’t care. How am I going to pass that test…”