Ch. 14 What.

Phil had pushed through that door.

On the other side was a big hall, golden pillars reaching the abnormally high roof. A blood red carpet reached from beneath our feet, to the centre of the room. Where two thrones appeared, one blue, one green. There on said thrones sat two people.
One man with chocolate brown hair, blue and brown eyes, a large mushroom hat matching with his mushroom cloak. He looked formal, and hid mossy wings behind his back.

On the other throne a blonde young man sat. He looked less formal, with a large green hoodie and sweatpants. His wings were stretched out, they were large and white as fluffy snow. His emerald green eyes glared down at us.

A loud bang was heard. Between the two thrones, on the other side of the hall, another door shut. I immediately recognised the lower half of Toby. They all walk with firm footsteps, eventually noticing us. They didn't seem to care though. Nick and Karl walked through the hall like they'd been here thousands of times before. Like they were at their best friend's house who's mother probably knew more about them than their own. They walked confidently, while Toby walked quiet and awkwardly behind.

"Sup fellas!" Nick began speaking, in a slightly withered out Texan accent. His tone of voice made it so very obvious they knew each other, it wasn't that big of a surprise however.

"Hello, Nick. What brings you here this time?" the brunette answered. Knowing full well we were behind the raven haired boy, he tried making the conversation quick. Nick did not pick up on that.

"Oohh, nothing much, just here to ask Dream of an itsy-bitsy favour," Dream's eyes perked, and signalled with his hands to hurry up.

"Imma need you to revive someone, Aimee, was her name?" Nick looked back, and as Toby nodded in agreement, he looked at Dream again.

"You need to stop killing mortals, Nick, that's not our job." Dream sighed, it clearly wasn't the first time he'd asked this kind of favour. "But you'll do it, right?-" Nick continued.

"Tell me why you killed this Aimee person, and if the reason's good enough I'll revive her," Dream smirked, as if he'd done something huge.

"I needed to kill her to use their body for an experiment. Because if you couldn't tell, there's an apocalypse happening outside! They just happened to be Toby's best friend and now I screwed up," listening to the conversation, that hit me hard. I knew who Aimee was, but I was never as close to her as Toby was. I didn't know they were his best friend, and not me.

"I see. I can sense an ounce of remorse in you, so I will revive them. But you are treading on a thin line, Nick," Dream confirmed. "Now move, there's people behind you,".

Phil stepped forward, and walked towards the thrones. He stopped where the raven previously stood. "I seek aid, for my friend is feeble. He was sabotaged, and attacked by the creatures that now roam the earth. I believe the God of Nature can help, for we think this apocalypse's origin is from nature and not mankind," Phil requested, I was surprised at how formally he spoke. But then again, he is old as time. 

"May I see the sickly one?" the brunette insisted. I looked at Phil, and as he said yes, I helped Mark out of the wagon. I got a quick glance at how his condition was; his arms were completely infected, and reached towards his neck. I knew that once it reached his brain, we would loose him. He looked so tired, but he still gave me a smile. It was difficult to smile back. We slowly managed to walk to Phil, and let the God have a look. Both his and Toby's facial expression turned into something different. The brunette shocked, I don't think it's what he expected. Toby's filled with regret.

"We think it started from an egregor," Wilbur decided to add. "I know it is otherworldly, that's why we came to you,"

"An egregor, you say. Interesting. I'll definitely look it up, but that's all I can do for now," ...