Ch.13 And we're off again

Early morning came along, and we all got ready without a second to waste. We decided to let Kristin and Eret stay home to watch over the house, but also to keep contact in case something went terribly wrong. Within about an hour, we stood in front of the house, waving goodbye. Wilbur had forbid Mark from walking, he thought that was a reason it was getting worse. Phil was quiet almost the entire journey, I felt as something was wrong with him. But I didn't confront him about it, what if he was just tired?

The sky had a green tint to it, the grass seemed more dead than the day before. The wind was ringing in my ear, throwing leaves at our faces. The bright colours of autumn had been drained by the endless sadness and anger. We are so close to the end of the line, we can make it the rest of the way.

Our footsteps were quick, and soon enough we saw the end of the line. The colours of the temple shone in the colourless world. My heart skipped a beat when I truly saw how close we were. I gave an unwitting smile, and I almost ran towards the entrance. I waited for the others to catch up, when I saw the silhouette of someone behind a bush, a tree? Whatever it was, something or someone was there. However I didn't get much time to think about it, the others caught up quicker than what I expected of them.

Phil began leading the way as we walked through the shining corridor. Paintings on the wall with golden frames, looked like other gods but they weren't from this world. They had wings, halos, and their skin were unnatural colours. Some of the paintings were very well made and were even unsettling, Wilbur told me to just not look at them. But how could I, they were just so.. so mesmerising.!

"No actual fucking way.." Wilbur murmured. Phil and Wilbur just stopped, so me being in the back bumped right into Phil's back. He didn't seem to care though. I pushed in-between them to see what it was. And you'll never believe who I saw.

I saw Toby, and those other two guys. Nick and Karl I think their names were, I can't remember. They seemed to have heard us, because they hastily turned to look at us. We had meet in a T like corner.

"Tommy?." Toby had whispered, yet I heard him anyway. He sounded surprised, and I was still mad, yet I had missed him a lot. I wonder what Mark thought about him.

"What are you doing here, Toby? And with those two," Phil said, before I could even open my mouth.

"I don't think that's much of your business, old man," the raven stepped forward to say. I glanced at Phil and he wasn't phased, but he seemed to stand in front of Mark, like he was hiding him?

"Don't worry about it, we have places to be," the other one said, grabbing Nick's arm. They backed, then walked away, Tubbo followed them.

"You good, Mark?" Phil said, still looking at the direction they walked towards.

"I'm fine. You can keep walking," he mumbled. He didn't seem happy in the slightest. We walked to the opposite side of Toby, and followed the long hallway forward. We eventually reached a large doorway. Edges trimmed with gold, accented with green and blue strips of colour, following along the wall trimmings.
In one beat of a heart, Phil had pushed through that door.