A Valentine's Birthday

For Tree, he knows who he is. Happy birthday idiot.

                                               -
Cat sat up, far to early in the morning then she wanted to be but today called for it. It's Valentine's Day. Cat caring about Valentine's Day? It was far more then that. His birthday. It was five in the morning, she already called and faked sick for all her lectures. Today had to be all about him, mainly him and her.

She ran her hands through her hair, past her ears as she slid to the edge of the bed. Sleeping in the dorms made her realize just how much more comfortable her bed in the apartment was. Regardless she got up and stretched out. She had a long day in front of her and she would make sure it went all as planned.

She got down to business right away, taking a lengthy shower and fixing up her hair. She made sure she wore his favorite scent and then she was off to her closet. She would wear his favorite color, black, typical for a vampire if she didn't say so herself. She opted for a dress and fleece tights seeing as it was still the middle of February.

She wore her favorite heels that made her almost as tall as the boy. She laced up the back of her dress thanks to her many mirrors. She tied it in a pretty bow even though she knew he'd constantly be untying it throughout the day. Lastly, his upmost favorite, the ruffly black garters.

She double checked herself in the mirror, winking at herself with an idiotic smile, before exiting her closet. She pulled on a jacket and quietly slipped out of her dorm room. She made sure she had her keys, dorm and campus identification card, as well as her bag. She made her way to the elevator as quietly as she could, though finding it near impossible with her choice of shoes.

Regardless she was out the front door of her dormitory at seven on the dot. She hadn't even texted him happy birthday yet, she figured it would be better in person. She had to make sure she could have him for the day so she pulled her phone out from her bag and shot him a text.

"Treeeeeee, you gunna be busy today? Or do you want to spend the day with a super cool cat?"

She cringed after reading what she had really said and already sent. It was too late to take it back so she shoved the embarrassment down and waited for a response that came only seconds later.

"Depends on who this super cool cat is."

She rolled her eyes as she rapidly typed away on her screen.

"Obviously me dumbass."

"Well you could've said that in the first place."

"I wanted to be cool."

"So then who's the cool cat?"

"ME"

"You just said you were trying to be cool."

"I know what I said damn it. Just answer the question."

"Yes I'll spend the day with you Cat."

"See it wasn't that hard 🙄."

"Don't 🙄 me."

"What are you going to do about it? 🙄"

"I'll say no."

"NO NO IM SORRY"

"Pfft."

"Don't laugh."

"Okay"

"So can we meet around 1ish?"

"Sounds fine to me."

"Happy birthday by the way."

"Thanks. I'll see you at 1"

She smiled and stuffed her phone back into her bag, she had things to get done before one and she had to pick up the pace if she wanted to get it all done. Cards. One asking him to be her valentine. Cat spoke through cards better then through actual words. She exited campus and hopped on the first train she found. It was headed to the outskirts of the city.