Part 19

"Wilbur?"

The brunette's head whipped to the side faster than light. Golden eyes widening as his body stilled, frozen in shock as they beheld a man with a sword in hand, bucket hat in the other, and black wings spread out in their full glory.

Admittedly, he believed their reunion would have been more dramatic than this. Maybe he wished it would have never happened. Just, did it have to be in a burning club?

Blinking, Wilbur tilted his head as he got a good look at Phil. A part of him screamed to go forward, to embrace the man, to laugh and smile with him once more.

Another rejected that notion, wanting to stay away from him. This man was the same one that made him feel worthless, unloved. He wasn't ready to forgive.

The last, the last wanted to maul the man. Wilbur wanted to use his voice to blow out the man's eardrums. To use his claws to swipe at his throat, watch him choke on his own blood. Stab him, anything!

They were all too loud, demanding him to do too much. He raised a hand to pinch the bridge of his nose, trying to ease the growing tension. While that was happening, Philza looked over his son. There were some changes, admittedly his change in style and the fins on his head were the most eye-catching. He caught the blue freckles, the gold eyes, sharper teeth and nails, everything. His son had gone through quite a change, hadn't he?

Swooning, Wilbur staggered backward as he began to develop a growing headache. It was only this time, that those siren voices began to join in. They chanted for Wilbur, telling him to fight. 'Fuck off, you're being annoying,' he mentally cursed as he leaned, almost falling.

A "Will!" Came from Phil who rushed to help his son only to be met by a heart-stopping glare and a random piece of glass that Wilbur managed to snatch. "Wilbur. It's me, it's Phil. Mate, I'm here."

"So? What the fuck do you want. Can't you see I'm doing something here." A hand moved to motion Phil's attention towards the destruction and mess around them. There wasn't a body insight, but that didn't mean that there weren't people hurt.

"I can see that," Phil grimaced. "This isn't like you."

"You don't know the first thing about me, Wilbur snarled, immediately on the defensive."

"I know you love the primroses outside the house," Phil cut in. " you were always making flower crowns from them that you never taught us how to make. You adored the stories I told you, even the ones without the happy endings. I know you always loved the happy endings, even if you complained how corny they were. You hate the cold, your sense of taste isn't normal so you like textured foods. You outdo your brothers in firearm and agility training. You used to wear a red beanie all the time because it was one of the first things I ever gave you when you came home."

"Son, whatever is going on, whoever these people are, it doesn't matter anymore. Me, Techno, and Tommy traveled all the way here for you."

"Did you now? Well, I'm sorry because right now I can't be arsed to give a shit at the moment. Me leaving didn't mean you could follow." Pausing to scoff, Wilbur continued. "This was for me to get out of that living hellhole of a nightmare you called that house. And thank fuck I did, I couldn't take it anymore."

"We- I-... I'm so sorry. I know I've been a shit father. And utterly shit father. There wasn't a day that I didn't think of you after you left. We want you to come home Wil, please come back with us. You mean so much to us and you matter so much."

"You're right. About a couple of things actually," standing up at his full height, Wilbur smirked as he chuckled, fins twitching as he turned to face his father. " You are a shit father. I mean, hah, what kind of father forgets to let their child know they love them? What kind of father shames their child's interests and passions whether they meant to or not? What kind of father forgets about their child yet showers his siblings in undying affection and love?!"