Chapter 5 -The training camp

It's only hours later that I'm awake again and am heading to the school with the others. When we get there Mr Aizawa tells us that we're going on a training camp next week with Class 1-B. For the remainder of the week, it's all anybody talks about Mina bothers me about it every minute of every day and Deku is over analysing it doubling all the time during breaks and in the dorms, kinda reminds me of how I used to talk to myself when I was kept in my room.

The day finally came and we were given assigned seats, I sigh with relief when I was placed next to Shoto, I didn't want to be stuck next to Mina or Iida the whole trip, she talks too much and he's too serious.

I sit on the bus first getting the window seat. Shoto comes on after Ojiro, Momo and Asui the sight of him makes me smile. I don't really know why but it just does. He sits down and I smile at him, he smiles back then awkward silence. I stare out the window for a while and when he notices how intently I'm staring he asks

"Why do you look like you're trying to make the window disappear with your mind"

I look at him and smile weakly "it's stupid really"

he takes my hand

"surely it can't be more stupid than Kaminari and Sero"

"yeah that's true, it's just... it's been a year since I've seen something other than the four walls of my room so I want to take everything in, just in case...if I ever get put back there, I wanna remember something pretty." I turn away and blush profusely.

He squeezes my hand "I won't let that happen I will never see you locked up again."

I turn to him and it's almost like I can see a sparkle in his eye, a positive determination. I make sure to remember his face so that when one day if I ever feel a positive determination like his ill know what it is.

After a couple of hours, we stop and are ordered off the bus. That's when we introduce ourselves to the Pussy Cats and before we know it, we were thrown into the forest down to what I assume is our first test.

We get split up and I'm left with Deku, Uraraka, Shoji and Asui. I try my best to help but I'm kinda useless, I haven't had enough training so I'm no good at hand-to-hand combat, I'm more of a support hero. I do my best to be there and cover the others because of the beating I took as a kid I'm pretty tough, basically I'm just a human shield at the moment but I'll do whatever I can for my new friends.

I'm getting so angry because I can't use my quirk on an inanimate object, it's pissing me off. The dirt monster rises and thrashes out, it spins around and its tale is headed straight for Uraraka. I see it coming but she doesn't.

"Uruaka, look out!"

I drive in front of her and spread my body out in front of hers, in that instant I can feel the anger from before making something rise in me. It's like I can feel something else under the surface of my skin, a second body almost. I feel it break out and grow up and out of me. The giant is black and blue, it's a shadow like Tokoyamis's dark shadow it is blurry around the edges like it's not quite a whole image like the memory of one. Its moves the same as me so it shields my friends the same as I do Uraraka.

The beast's tail comes round in the direction of us and hits my nightmare form, it barely flinches althoughI feel the impact as if it was me that had been struck but I push on. Now that the others are safe I turn around and begin punching and brawling with the beast, eventually I destroy it and it turns into a pile of dust. My own beast fades back into me and I can feel that my body is in excruciating pain all over, the blows I took from the monster affected me more than I had thought. At the time all I was focusing on was saving my friends and everything else didn't matter.

My body was now slowly collapsing under the beating it had taken, I turn around and face the others, their faces frozen in shock, body's rigid, barely even breathing. My legs begin to give way and everything in my sight is spinning, I can see the ground becoming closer and closer, my vision fades and the last thing I hear is Midoria yell

"QUICK! Someone catch her."