19.0 | Shady Aftermath

Olivia's POV

"Damn, ain't you tired of leaving me yet?" Darnell shouts and Spencer tries to calm him down as the crowd from the dining room shifts to the living room. "You should've never come here if you were just going to leave again!"

"Darnell, calm down," his date, Nylah, tells him but he's not hearing her.

"And then you embarrass me in front of all of these people," he adds. "Do me a favor, next time! Stay the fuck away from me!"

"Relax, D!" Spencer yells and Cam says something similar.

"Nah, she never did shit for me anyway! She can leave and nether come back for all I care!" He adds as I notice my dad pacing back and forth on the porch, where the ruckus spills over to.

"That's your mother! Don't talk to her like that!" My dad, surprisingly, cuts in.

"Look, I'm sorry you have to witness all of this bullshit! But stay out of my business!" Darnell replies and my dad doesn't seem phased.

"I get that she's not perfect, but she's your mother!" My dad doubled down as he steps between Darnell and his mom.

"This woman is the furthest thing from a mother than anyone could imagine! So miss me with all of that 'respect thy mother' bullshit!"

"Oh so now you want to be a father?" His mom, Leah, yells to my dad and I think everyone's face shows their confusion. "This is all your fault!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Darnell yells back and Spencer's Aunt Cori, jumps in between them.

"He knows who I'm talking to." She shouts and my dad drops his head.

"What the fuck is going on?" Darnell asks again as he looks between the two of them.

"Wait, Billy, do you know this woman?" My mom asks and I have no clue what is going on right now.

"We knew each other in the past. But I didn't —- I didn't know you had a son." My dad says as his eyes stare directly at Leah with a confused look on his face. "I thought you—- is he—-"

"You didn't want to know Billy! All you knew was football. And what cheerleader you wanted for the night!" Leah yells and I'm really freaked out about the way this conversation is going.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Ms. James asks as she tries to make sense of it all.

"Billy and I went to Crenshaw Tech together," her sister answers as tears stream down her face. "I loved him. And when I got pregnant, I thought he would love me back. But all he loved was football and dense ass cheerleaders, who didn't challenge him the way I did."

"Wait, what?" Darnell asks. "You two were together in high school!"

I knew my dad lived and played football for Crenshaw High School, but was bussed to a prestigious technical school for his high academics. And apparently, Ms. Leah was too.