Chapter 14 - The Mystery Man

*Third Person's POV*

FLASHBACK

"Lili, hurry up. You are going to be late for school." He rushed.

"Coming, Appa."

As they both made their way out, the five-year-old Lisa couldn't help but ask something that she has been curious about.

"Appa, what do you always call me Lili? My name is Lisa."

"You know what Lili means?" She shook her head no.

"Lili means Oath of God. You are a gift to me, Lisa. The most valuable one I have ever received." His voice cracked as he held her closer. "You brought me the promise of love and faith. That's why I call you Lili and it does go with your name, don't you think?"

The five-year-old nodded excitedly though she didn't understand half his words. However, fourteen years later, the same girl woke up reminiscing the moments, understanding every word and emotion, with a smile stuck to her face.

PRESENT

Friday has been fluttering for both girls. Both of them stuttered in front of each other grabbing attention from their classmates and Chaeyoung hadn't been more pestering Jennie than now.

Jennie also had the chance to finally talk it out with her friends. Of course, she didn't mention a word about her special attraction towards Lisa or anything related to the future.

"I am really sorry for ignoring you guys. There were some things I wanted to get done urgently, but I swear Lisa is not a bad person. She doesn't deserve all the hate we have been giving her. Can you guys please try to get along with her? I swear, once you get to know her, you will start liking her as well." Jennie said with all the sincerity in her. It took a lot of convincing for her friends to finally come around and agree that they'd stop picking on Lisa. It was not an easy shot, but the base was set.

Now there was only one thing or one person that Jennie need to look into urgently. Someone who can tell about the price of her actions. And she was set out to find it on Saturday.

*Jennie's POV*

I am at my college now. Well, my future college. It's been nearly five years since I have been here. Technically, I won't be here for another year or so, but everything seems the same. I am here to look for Prof. Wang Jung-woo. He's actually a physicist. He had a lot of insight into all this time-traveling and parallel universe stuff when I was in college. And from what I heard from Jisoo Unnie, he has started his research a few years back so he might can help me with my doubts. He's not really an outgoing person nor a typically strict college professor, but I managed to get an appointment with him, thanks to my Uncle.

I knocked on his office door twice before entering. His office is a bit different now because, when I saw it last time, the room was filled with sticky notes, references, and books that seemed more thick than The Complete Miss Maple. It is less crowded now.

"Who are you?" His voice is hoarse and rough.

"I- I had an appointment with you, Today."

"Are you Jennie?" I nodded. "What do you want?"

"I- I need your help to prepare for a speech I have to give during the science fair at my school." I lied, that too, such a lame one.

"I am not an orator, girl. How can I help?"

"I have some questions about time travel. Someone I know said you could be the right person."

He seemed to put some thought into what I said.