twenty

Unedited, zero will be up for the new sukhoon story!

°•°🌱°•°

"You told him about Junghwan," Jihoon asked.

Haruto, Jihoon, and Asahi were in the waiting room, this time Haruto wasn't in a wheelchair. Jihoon had taken him home so he would be able to get rest in his own bed, then had brought him back the next day. Haruto was still finding it quite difficult to eat, but he did feel better than the day before. Especially since he was finally able to change out of his blood-stained clothes, which he just threw away. He has a lot of the same clothing.

Haruto drummed his fingers against the arm of the chair, "I did."

"What did you tell him?"

"Well considering that I didn't know how much you told him, he also just asked me for just that day. I only told him about that day and he asked me who I think it could be, so I told him," Haruto stated.

"Oh, I told him everything but, I left out all of the evidence," Jihoon said.

"Do we want the police on our side," Asahi asked.

Haruto struggled, "I'm not even sure, I feel like I can't even trust anyone. Not even myself."

"Yeah but you also have been going out of your way for Jeongwoo," Asahi said softly.

Haruto just sighed and looked up at the ceiling, "it's not enough, look at where we are right now."

"Haru that's not your fault," Asahi said.

"It is! It's all my fault, I could have protected him," Haruto dropped his head.

"Haruto seriously, it's not."

"But it is if I just stayed away from him. Junghwan would have no reason to come back, he was after me, Jeongwoo saved my life," Haruto look at them his eyes filled with so much emotion.

Jihoon placed a hand on his shoulder, "Haruto you need to listen to yourself, it's not your fault. He obviously cares enough about you to protect you, aren't you grateful?"

"I am but, I should be the one laying in that bed right now," Haruto sighed leaning forward and putting his head in his hands.

"Haruto Watanabe, stand up," Haruto looked up towards the voice, Officer Pak.

Haruto stood up with a look of confusion on his face, "what's going on Officer?"

The Officer walked over and turned Haruto around pulling his hands behind his back, "Haruto Watanabe you are now under arrest for the attempted murder of Park Jeongwoo, whatever you say or do will be held against you."

Jihoon and Asahi's eyes widened and looked at the mix of shock and confusion on Haruto's face. Jaehyuk and Hyunsuk walked into the waiting room seeing their friend getting detained.

"Hey what's going on here," Hyunsuk said walking in with evident anger on his face.

Jihoon pulled the male back and told him not to see anything.

Hyunsuk pushed Jihoon, "what is wrong with you? You aren't even going to tell them that they got the wrong guy."

"Hyunsuk stop, Officer there has to be some kind of mistake," Jaehyuk said, trying to reason with the authorities and restraining himself from getting angry.

Haruto had stayed silent, not wanting to make the mistake of saying something that could potentially be held again him. He felt the cold metal tighten around his wrist, squeezing his eyes shut.

"You are hurting him," Asahi mumbled but it was only loud enough for Haruto to hear.

Haruto looked up at Asahi with a small comforting smile and whispered, "I'll be okay."

"I'm not allowed to disclose all information in a public scene only share the general reasoning for the guilty so they know why they are being held accountable. If there is anyone willing to know please go to the Seoul police district office, that's where I will be taking him for the time being," Officer Pak stated.

They all looked at each other then Jihoon stepped up, "I'll go."

Hyunsuk looked at Jihoon and nodded, "we will wait for Jeongwoo to wake up."

Jihoon nodded and followed the officer out with Haruto in cuffs. He stared at the silver metal wrapped around his friend's wrists, letting out a sigh.

After a bit of a drive, Jihoon arrived at the police station, the stale air hitting his face greeted by the smell of freshly printed paper and the agitation of middle-aged men. Jihoon had made it inside just in time for him to watch the officer put Haruto inside a small prison cell just to keep him in there for when the final verdict set in. Jihoon sat in front of the desk of Officer Pak to find out what had happened.

Officer Pak sat down and began to type on his computer.

Jihoon blinked, "so where is the evidence of Haruto being the culprit?"

Officer Pak let out a sigh, "that's the issue there wasn't anything that pointed to someone else."

Jihoon scoffed due to the ridiculousness of the situation, "you are arresting a suspect or should I say a witness without any hard evidence."

"You want evidence? The camera to the hall of the dorm caught no one going in or out, other than Jeongwoo," the officer said.

"You mean Haruto?"

"Sure, whatever. The evidence is only they entered the room until Asahi ran in, the weapon only had Jeongwoos DNA on it."

Jihoon blinked, that's impossible. It's not like Jeongwoo stabbed himself, right?

Jihoon shook his head, "am I able to see the cameras as a third party?"

Officer Pak shook his head, "sorry I can't release that information to you."

"Officer Pak we are in need of your assistance!"

Jihoon watched as the officer got up, checking around him before he inserted his USB. Waiting for the file to download, copying up, and dragging it into his hard drive.

Jihoon smiled a bit stuffing the USB back in his pocket before the officer got back.

"You are still here?"

"I have one more question."

The officer tilted his head, "go on."

Jihoon looked up at him, "what about So Junghwan?"

"We are unable to reach him, we will schedule a physical visit soon."

Unable?

Jihoon nodded getting up, "I hope you are doing your job properly."

The Officer rolled his eyes feeling Jihoons disrespect. Aish, this kid.

This isn't the last of me, Jihoon thought, I'm just getting started.