He left

She lived with the fear of losing him until she didn't and then actually lost him.
Lost him to himself. The stubborn and ignorant man that he had become.

Why is it like this, why does love hurt so much?
You can feel the physical pain of your heart breaking.
The amount of time you invested in them, all set ablaze and burned down to ashes.

She thought she was helping him.
He was falling out of love day by day. It's so sad when two people hold hands to jump off the cliff into the blue sea together but only one does, the other lets go of their hand because of the fear of falling or crashing?
He was the one with the fear if cold water.
She had promised to hold him and keep him above the surface.
He never trusted her.

She didn't realise there was no trust. There wasn't anything between them anymore.
It was just her and her alone.
He never tried to understand her side.

She knew what he was going through and was there throughout but he only saw the bad parts. The rough parts. The wounds.

Every fight was making them stronger, she thought, but little did she know he was falling out of love.

She fought with every one for him, she was his and only his. He pushed her away, she came back.
She was trying to hold on to something that wasn't there.
He probably wanted to be left alone?
She didn't leave him until the very last bit of self respect and will power she had was lost.

She realised it was a lost cause. The stubborn man wouldn't give in. That he would never share the emotions he felt and would only make her cry, it was not his fault. He was built like that, she tried to get closer he pushed her away and down and then she hit the ground.

She was drained of her colours yet again, left devastated by him. The tears that dried in the cold wind were all for nothing. This will forever hurt until she finds love stronger than hers.

He was the same man with hopes of marrying her.
The one who made such beautiful promises but now this same man has become hopeless and has given up.
He promised, he loved, he worked. Something happened to him maybe the struggle the competition scared him and his behaviour of not sharing his thoughts and feelings, led to this dreadful day.

She thought to herself, maybe this is the end of us.
He confirmed it by saying it out loud, "This is the end of us."