16

JIMIN POV

I glanced around the room to make sure everything was set just like I wanted it.

We hadn't done much decorating, mostly vases of white roses set around the room but a wedding celebration called for a little extravagance.

At Ari's insistence, I'd had the whole affair catered by a well-known catering company.

Waiters dressed in black slacks, vests and bowties would circulate throughout the room with trays of champagne.

A small orchestra was even set up in the corner of the large living room.

Jungkook didn't know it yet but I'd ordered a wedding cake from one of the premier bakers in the area.

I would have liked to have more bells and whistles for our wedding celebration but two weeks wasn't a lot of time to plan everything.

When the doorbell rang, I walked over to answer it as the butler I'd hired for the party was working with the caterers to get every thing ready for the party.

I smiled when I opened the door and saw who was standing on the other side.

"Uncle Joss, thank you for coming."

I was glad he could take the time out of his busy schedule to come to our celebration.

He might have retired but the man was always off doing something.

I admired Park Joss more than almost anyone I knew and hoped to be like just him one day.

He'd taken me in when no one else would and given me a chance at a good life.

Even though I called him Uncle Joss, he wasn't technically related to me but an old friend of my mother's.

I still adored him and considered him family.

"Jimin, my dear boy." The older man smiled as he stepped into the penthouse.

"Where is your handsome groom?"

"I can't wait to meet him."

I couldn't wait to introduce the two people I cared the most about.

"He's still getting ready," I said.

"I think he's a little nervous."

Uncle Joss lifted one eyebrow. "It's a little too late to be getting cold feet, isn't it?"

"It's not nerves about the wedding celebration."

"His parents and sister are supposed to be here tonight."

The smiled instantly fell off joss's face.

"They're coming here? Tonight?"

I frowned at the sudden worry I could see on my uncle's face.

"Yes."

"You should have told me."

"Uncle—"

"I think it's best if I come back when you don't have so many people coming to visit." He turned toward the open doorway.

"I'll call you in a few days and we can get together for lunch or something."

"Uncle Joss, wha—"

The elevator doors opened and the three people I wanted to see least in my life stepped out.

Uncle Joss froze, his face turning pasty white.

I was shocked when Jungkook's mother stumbled to a stop and paled as well.