17

JUNGKOOK POV

"How did I not know about you?"

"I don't think we were ever meant to meet, Your aunt and uncle needed you to access the trust fund your mother set up for you. If you knew about me,
can you honestly say you
would have stayed with them?"

Hell, no!

"What trust fund?"

The man sighed. "They didn't
tell you about that either?"

I quickly shook my head.

"Your mother was a model, a very good one."

"She made a lot of money and she wanted to make sure that you were taken care of if any
thing ever happened to her, so she set up a trust fund for you."

"I never knew anything about it."

Joss's startling green doe eyes narrowed as he glanced across the room to where Jiwoo stood over the top of Nari's prone body.

The grimace of distaste that crossed his face was mixed with a heavy dose of anger.

"I'll have to get a forensic accountant to look into how the money was distributed but from my understanding, if anything happened to your mother, a yearly stipend was given out to whoever was taking care of you to help with your expenses."

"The bulk of the trust was to be handed over to you when you turned twenty-five."

"I'm already twenty-five."

"You're not, actually. Your birthday isn't for another two months. December twenty-fifth."

"You were a Christmas baby."

"I'm not twenty-five?"

"No."

"How did they do that?"

Wasn't there government paperwork involved?

"Did they forge the birth certificate or something?"

"I've seen it and it definitely
says I am twenty-five."

"It also lists Jiwoo and Nari as my biological parents."

"Again, that is something that will have to be looked into becos I don't know."

"The only thing I can think of is when Yuri died, they were able to adopt you and maybe they talked to someone about fudging the birth date because they already had an infant and wanted to make it easier for themselves."

Huh.

I knew I should be freaking out right now but all I wanted to do was jump for joy.

I hadn't even processed that I was standing in front of my biological father.

I was too excited that I wasn't technically the child of the monsters that had raised me.

"I have your eyes."

Joss smiled. "And your mother's beautiful bunny smile."

"What did she look like?"

The man reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet.

He opened it up, grabbed a picture and held it out to me.

"Oh." It was a picture of a woman standing next to a much younger Joss.

Her long strawberry blonde hair flowed down her back in gentle waves and her blue eyes sparkled with mischief as she stared up at Joss.

The love and adoration I could see in the old, crinkled photograph made my breath catch. "You loved her."