Reunion

This is so incredibly late, I'm so sorry! Life's been crazy and I had several writers block. I would've just written something to publish quickly but I wanted this chapter to at least be decent. So here ya all go!
___________________________

*Lloyd's Perspective*

"It's almost time," my father says, grinning. He's been waiting for this for so long, I'm surprised he's making them wait at all.

I watch Wu pace in front of my fathers thrown, stroking his beard. Who knows what was going through his ancient mind. Probably something terrible, like ways to torture former students. I turn away from the two of them and let my mind wander.

Those few months in the monastery were amazing. I don't think I've ever laughed more in my entire life. Though that record wasn't hard to beat. But for once, at least for a little while, I was happy. We all were. I ruined that. Even Misako was part of-

Wait.

I face my father. "Misako," I blurt out. Both men turn to me in surprise. "Where is she? Who's side was she on?"

They exchange a look that I can't read. "She was with the ninja. She had no idea about our plan. So if you're worried about her safety don't, we couldn't care less about her," Wu explains.

"But she told the other ninja stories about their parents. I never questioned it, because, well I don't know. But she had to have known you two," I say.

My father sighs and stands up. "This conversation has been a long time coming." He wraps his arm around my shoulders and nods to Wu. In response, Wu smirks and leaves the room.

"Dad?" I question. What could he possibly have to tell me after all of this?

"Misako was close with the Elemental Masters. When they didn't want to join us, we'll you know how that ends. But I didn't want Misako to die. We were close back then. So we let her go. But I wasn't aware she was pregnant when she left. It wasn't until the child's third birthday that I knew of it's existence. Wu was the one who found out when she applied to work at Ninjago High School. She wasn't aware he was the principle when she applied. I went to see it. As soon as I was near the child I could sense it's elemental power. So I took him away from Misako. She had no right raising my own child away from me. I made her face the same fate. Of course, Wu let her keep the position at the high school. It allowed her to hear updates of the child. And she was able to keep an eye on her old friends' children. Eventually I realized the value she could have. We forced her to work for us. And if she ever told the ninja our plan, we'd kill her child. We threatened to kill her but that didn't work. We had to raise the stakes. Of course I would never kill my own son, but she believes it. And that's all we needed." He smiles as if we just had a nice father son moment.

Misako was my mom. This entire time. My father had basically kidnapped me as a child. And everything was solely for revenge.

Despite my efforts, my eyes fill with tears as I stare into my fathers eyes.

Noticing my expression, he quickly continues talking. "I couldn't tell you, son. Besides, Misako couldn't have supported herself and you. She was poor, living with her parents, could barely care for you. I did you a favor."

I'm boiling with rage. He thinks he did me a favor?! I didn't have a mother because of him!

I smile as a plan forms in my mind. "Thank you for telling me. And you're right. I wouldn't have had anything if I had been left with her. With you, I had everything." He grins at my response.

"I'm so glad you can see the truth, my son. Now, I think we're ready." My father faces the door. "Machia!"

Said Commander runs into the room. "Yes my lord?"