Prologue

THE STORY

Zabrina's Pov

"Zabrina, hindi ka ba sasama sa amin mamayang gabi?" tanong ng isa sa mga kaklase ko. I heard they will hold a party for our classmate because today is her birthday. I shook my head as an answer. I'll enjoy myself tonight and it's I'll enjoy more if I continue reading the unfinished novel I'm reading last night instead.

"Kilala niyo naman si Zabrina di ba, kahit kailan ay hindi siya sumasama sa mga party, so it's not new to us anymore" wika ni Thalia, which is my one and only friend. She is the only person who knew about my addiction with books and novels.

"Fine, I understand, pero dapat sa susunod ay sumama ka na ahh" wika pa ng isa at tumango na lang ako para matapos na ang usapan, so I can already go home.

Nagsialisan na sila at naiwan ang kaibigan ko, si Thalia. She tapped my shoulders and then whisper on my ears. My eyes widened when I heard her said.

"I have a new book for you!" she exclaimed and raised a paper bag on her right hand. I smile at her and got the bag from her hand. And she let me get it.

"Napakaganda niyan and I'm sure magugustuhan mo iyan" wika pa nito. I nodded and look at the bag intently. I can't wait to see what book is inside.

"Thalia!! Let's go!!" boses iyon mula sa isa pa naming kaklase na bumalik para siguro tawagin si Thalia.

"Yeah, coming!" Sigaw dito pabalik ni Thalia at bumalik ang tingin sa akin. Smiled at me and said.

"Then I'll go now, enjoy reading!!" Pagpapaalam ni Thalia bago ito sumama sa mga kaklase namin. I sigh and put the paper bag inside my bag. Sometimes I feel jealous of them, but I know that I'm not into those things.

WHEN I got home, I remove all my clothes and change into my pajamas. Hindi pa naman ganoon kagabi, mga 5:00pm pa lang. But I am ready to start reading the novel Thalia gave me. Kapag si Thalia ang nagsabi na maganda ang libro, ibigsabihin maganda talaga siya. She really knows what genres I like...

I open the paper bag and I saw a thick, ancient book inside. Huh? Is this the book what Thalia had given me? Agad ko itong kinuha at inilabas sa lagayan. It has no title in the beggining so I opened the book on it's first page...

'I Am The Duke's Daughter'

Iyan ang bumungad sa akin sa first page ng libro. Maybe it's the title? I flip the page once again and the first chapter appears in front of me.

'The story started with a young girl, she is a child of a commoner, she do all the work to earn money to buy her mother's medicine. One day, the duke and her adopted daughter had a parade in the street where the young girl is working. The duke and the young girl met their eyes. And the Duke sense familiarity, especially when they had the same eyes'

"Is she his real daughter?" I ask myself but continue reading the story to know the answer. But I'm Very sure that she is.

'Few days after, the duke sent numbers of soldiers looking for that young girl but they never found her, because of the Duke's adoptive daughter, she is the villainess of the story. She is beautiful, talented and intelligent, but she have no rights and power as the Duke's adoptive child. She also wants his adoptive Father's affection, but she was never given the attention'

"Now, I get why she'll become the villainess in the future" napatango tango ako habang binabasa ang side story ng villainess nung siya ay bata pa.

'Though her plans didn't work and the duke was still able to find the young girl he is looking for. He found out that she is his daughter from his lover who was banished in the kingdom by the empress dowager because of her social status, a commoner. Therefore, the duke took the young girl, the female lead of the story, into the ducal house.'

'The rivalry between two sisters started when the female lead entered the mansion. The villainess is jealous because their father gave more affection and attention towards the female lead. And because of that the villainess did everything to ruin her sister, yet the witty and experienced female lead is not affected nor harmed at all. That is when the duke's adoptive child started to become a real villain.'

"This story is too common. Bakit kaya ito ang binigay sa akin ni Thalia? I thought it was good? " napatanong ako sa sarili nang mabasa ang lagpas kalahati na ng libro. I'm expecting something unpredictable to happen. I wish she give me, a more interesting one.

'One thing, the female lead met the male lead as soon as she celebrate her debutante on her 18th birthday. The Male lead is no other than the crown prince of the empire, but the problem is this guy is the man the villainess loves the most. She was contained by jealousy and anger.'

'And When the two become lovers, the villainess did everything, even holding and learning dark magic just to break the two, but she still ended up as a failure. The female and the male lead is planning to get married and the the villainess caused a ruckus again.'

"I really hate villains who is so dramatic" wika ko habang binabasa ang mga pinaggagawa ng kontrabida sa kwento. Ang sarap niyang balibagin. I sighed.

'She tried to poison the female lead and she succeeded. Everyone in the empire became devastated because of what happened to the crown princess. But later, they found out and caught the villainess in action of using dark magic that is forbidden by the empire.'

-growl-

Napatigil ako sa pagbabasa nang marinig ang pagtunog ng tiyan ko. Napapikit ako at napatampal sa noo. Nakalimutan kong kumain ng hapunan. Nilagyan ko ng bookmark ang binabasa at lumabas ng kwarto para tumungo sa kusina.

When I look at the clock it is already 11 in the evening. It's been 6 hours when I started reading that book. At masakit na din ang leeg ko sa kababasa. Nagistretch muna ako ng braso bago nagsimulang magluto. I have no one with me in my apartment, it is bought by my parents who are now living in states. After I finished college lilipat na rin ako sa kanila.

After eating, I cleaned up the plates before going to my room again. Napatingin ako sa cellphone ko na nakacharge nang umilaw ito. Maybe because it's already fully charge. Agad ko itong binunot at tinignan ang screen. I saw there's a message from Thalia na hindi ko man lang napansin dahil sa pagbabasa. Kanina pa ito, noong maaga pa.

'Did you already started reading it?'

'I got you the wrong book'

'I'll bring the right one tommorrow'

'Sleep well friend, may quiz tayo kay Ms. Adams bukas'

Oh shoot! I forgot about our quiz! Kailangan ko na palang matulog! Napatingin ako sa binabasang libro and the bookmark is placed near the end of the novel. I'll just continue it tommorrow...

NAGISING ako nang maramdaman na hindi ako makagalaw. Para akong nakatali. My feets are aching and my wrist are in chains. Parang binugbog ang katawan ko. Wait!! Chains!?

Napamulat ako nang mata at napagtanto ko na wala ako sa kwarto ko. Napalingon lingon ako sa paligid at panay kadiliman lang ang nakikita ko. Where am I? This place looks familiar. At Maya maya lang ay may sumulpot na kung sino sa dilim. Who's that?

"Nice to meet you again, Miss Serene Vanelluoni"

What----Did he call me!?

___

Plagiarism is a crime!

What can you say about this chapter? Your comments and remarks are highly appreciated.

Thank you for reading!!