Chapter 6

THE PARTY

Zabrina's Pov

Weeks have passed and I've been staying here for a month. And that only means one thing, It's already Estella's Birthday. Tumingin ako sa salamin para makita ang itsura ko. They style my hair and dress me up for the birthday party.

"Princess, please stay here until you are about to go out" pakiusap ni Lorine, my personal maid. At tumango ako bilang sagot. I am currently inside a room where they dress me up for the party and it's connected to the party venue, which is inside the main castle.

Nang umalis si Lorine, narinig ko pang sinabihan niya ang dalawang guwardiya sa labas na huwag hahayaan na may makapasok sa loob. I sighed and look at the nearest window of the room.

Napagdesisyunan ko na tumayo sa kinauupuan at pumuwesto malapit sa may bintana. I watched nobles while walking on the ground til they reached the gate and enter the castle.

They are wearing expensive dresses and accessories. But one of them have caught my attention. He's a guy with a jet black hair and crystaline eyes. He looks familiar, where did I saw him? Ah, it's the same person who I accidentally bumped to when I first came here and wander off the palace.

"But who is he exactly?" Tanong ko sa aking isipan.

Matapos ang ilang minuto ay dumating si Lorine kasama ang ibang mga maids na siyang magaayos ng mga ginamit namin. And time check, It's already 7 in the evening. Sa tingin ko ay papalabasin na ako. Kaya tumayo na ako sa kinauupuan at inayos ang sarili.

Chineck pa nila ako ulit bago kami tuluyang lumabas ng kwarto at nagtungo sa labas ng venue. And I saw my father at the entrance, waiting for me. Eventually, he'll be my escort. Even if I don't want to. We're still not in good terms. Lumapit na ako sa kanya at kumapit sa kanyang braso at Maya maya narinig na namin ang boses ng announcer.

"THE EMPEROR AND PRINCESS ESTELLA HAS ARRIVE!" pagaanunso ng mc. That's our cue to go inside. Bumukas ang malaking pintuan ng venue at pumasok na kami sa loob.

When we entered the room, everyone is spechless. You can't hear any noises from the people, and you'll only hear the background music. As we walk through the crowd, they watch us til we arrive at the end of the aisle. Nakarating kami sa pinakaunahan and the emperor stands in front of his throne and I stand behind him.

"Goodevening to all Nobles who are gathered in here! Today, I'll announce you that I have found my long lost daughter and we'll celebrate her 18th birthday tonight! Well, then Enjoy the party!" paganunsyo ng emperor at naghiyawan at nagkalampagan ang mga baso at boses ng mga bisita.

"Greetings to the Princess!" sabay sabay nilang wika. Ngumiti lamang ang emperor bago umupo na sa kanyang upuan. While I followed him and sit on the chair that is provided for me. At nagsimula na muli ang kaninang natigil na mga paguusap.

While watching the whole party I noticed that the emperor is right, no one dares to come and ask me for a dance. And I want to thank him for that, I know that I ain't sociable. Napahalumbaba na lang ako habang pinapanood ang iba na magsayaw. I'm so bored. I wish this'll end quickly and go back to my room and read some novels.

I just want to share, Lorine got me a novel book because the emperor ordered that they shall give me what I want, and I ask for it. And hey, their stories aren't that bad. And they think the emperor favored me so he let me bought a few boxes. But I'm also feeling that my decision is being bought.