Chapter 10

TEA PARTY

Zabrina's Pov

After my conversation with Narzicus about the given will on him by his parents and relatives upon marrying some noble lady. Hindi na siya ulit kumibo at nagsalita. So I stop myself to talk about it and continue to talk about the topic I wanted to discuss instead. He agreed to our deal and ask for my plans. So I did tell him what I want to do and what are my plans. He didn't gave me a concrete answer and also said this before he left...

"You know that you have no match with His Majesty, right?" Tanong nito sa akin at tumayo sa kanyang upuan bago tuluyang naglakad papalayo sa akin. I can't help but to sigh in disbelief. He don't trust me at all, does he?

Napailing iling ako at tinignan ang mga papel na nasa harapan ko. I asked my father to built me an office where I can do my works. And I thought he would decline but it didn't took him a minute to accept my request. He even ask the best of the best designer to build and design it. And bought the most expensive furnitures for my office. Nahihilo ako sa tuwing nakikita ko ang mga ito kaya patago ko itong binenta at bumili ng mas mura na mga gamit. I knew the basics about business because I am an abm student in my real or past life. And this helps me so much. 20 percent ng napagbentahan ko ay ang pinambili ko ng bagong gamit, while the 80 percent of it became mine. That's how you do money.

Pero iniisip ko din na paniguradong lagot ako sa emperor kapag nalaman niya ang patungkol doon. So I bribe the servants a bit. And the best thing I could wish for is not letting him know about it.

As of now,

Inutusan ko si Lorine na maglista ng mga babaeng matataas ang ranggo sa sosiyidad. That only means, I'm looking for a perfect woman for Narzicus. Binalitaan niya ako nung isang araw na sisimulan na niyang magtatayo na ng bagong kompanya and half of it was mine. I gave him the money I got from the furnitures I sell to built it. So of course I shall have the half of it's ownership.

"Princess Estella" Lorine called me when she entered the room. She is holding a huge box full of....papers? Or is that another box of invitations from the nobles? Since I debuted, I started receiving invitations from the nobles.

"What is that?" I ask her, I'm not sure if it's really what I think of. Nilapag nito ang kahon sa sahig at kumuha ng isang sobre. Minasdan ko ito and as I thought, it is a letter. She opened the first envelope and read it.

"These letters are from women nobles that wants to meet you, Her Highness" sagot ni Lorine sa katanungan ko habang binabasa pa rin ang nilalaman ng letter na hawak niya. Tumango tango ako sa sinabi niya at tinigil ang mga ginagawa. Shall I meet these nobles? But....

There is a box of it!! I'll definitely just choose some of them...

"Would you like to read them?" tanong ni Lorine si akin at sinara ang binabasang sulat. Nilapag niya ito at kumuha pa ulit ng isa pang envelope. Napahawak ako sa sentido at tumango tango bilang sagot. Yes I do like reading, but defined not a bunch of letters! But I still have do read them. Nakakahiya naman kay Lorine kung siya ang magbabasa nito lahat. And I have to reply to every each one of them.

Kumuha ng isa si Lorine at inabot sa akin pagkasabi ko na magbabasa ako. I opened the envelope and read who's it from. And it turns out it's from one of the nobles who are asking for my hand so I quickly dispose of it and Throw it in the trash can. Almost all of the letters are asking for marriage. While the others are invitations for a birthday party, ball, anniversary, tea party and other events.