Cuphead x Shy! Male! reader

This story was requested by @WhimsyWabbit and the character Bones is their OC, go check them out!

It was 2:30 at Inkwell Middle School and the bell had just rung signalling that it was time to go home

It was 2:30 at Inkwell Middle School and the bell had just rung signalling that it was time to go home. Cuphead always walked home with Mugman, so when school was over he went to went to his brother's science classroom.

"Hey mugsy! You ready to go home?" Cuphead asked.

"No... I'm staying after school to study" Mugman replied.

"Can't you just study at home?"

"No, I tried but you kept interrupting me"

"Fine, how long are you gonna stay here?"

"I don't know but you might as well go home"

"Okay, see you later!"

Cuphead made his way through the school and left through the back door since it was closer to the cottage. Once he got out outside, he heard a girl talking in the distance. "No! Why would I go out with a loser like you?"

As he walked further, he saw that the girl was talking to a kid wearing a flannel jacket with a dice for a head. "S-sorry I just-"

"Whatever, stay away from me! "the girl said before she stormed off.

The other kid just sat on a nearby bench.

"*sigh* why did I think it was a good idea to ask her out, she's one of the most popular girls in school" Bones thought to himself.

He started criticizing himself and his eyes soon started to water. Cuphead saw that the kid was looking pretty down and since he didn't have anywhere to be, he decided to approach him. "Uh, hey! Are you doing okay?"

"W-what? Oh yeah, I'm fine" Bones said as he swiftly wiped his eyes.

Cuphead sat next to the boy. "But you're crying". He moved his head to get a better look at the boy's face. His eyes and nose made up the "3" side of a die which he thought looked really cool. His eyes were glossy from tears however they still shined a beautiful shade of red in the sunlight.

Cuphead brought himself out of his trance when he realized he was staring for a while "Wait, I'm sorry I didn't even introduce myself, I'm Cuphead, what's your name?"

"I'm Bones and yeah I know who you are, you're pretty popular so I've seen you around a lot"

"So, you mind telling me what happened?"

"I guess not, I've already been humiliated. So
I-I asked out Daniella but she rejected me"

"Aw man, I'm sorry. How did you go about doing it?"

"I just told her I really liked her a-and she shot me down" Bones said as his knee started shaking.

"Well, I know a thing or two about the ladies and ya gotta be more smooth where you're talking to them" Cuphead said.