Forgotten

This story was requested by Sandrastar1

Once again it was October meaning the leaves were changing colours and it was starting to get cold outside. Cuphead and Mugman were just finishing lunch when Elder Kettle entered the kitchen. "Boys! When you're done eating go out and chop some wood for the fireplace"

"Aw man, it's not even that cold" Cuphead groaned.

"Would you rather wait until it's freezing?" Elder Kettle asked.

"*sigh* I guess I'll do it now, but I'm not happy about it"

"I don't need you to be happy about it, I need you to do it"

"Let's just go Cuphead" Mugman said once he put his dishes in the sink.

Mugman being the more practical of the two brothers was eager to get started with the task at hand so he could go back inside and relax. He quickly grabbed an axe and headed to the woods. "Now Cuphead please don't do anything stupid, I want to go back to read my book" Mugman said before turning around to check on his brother.

He was greeted by his brother launching his axe into air. "Aw c'mon Cuphead!" Mugman shouted.

"Relax Mugsy, the rocket I used was pretty small so it should down any minute n-" Cuphead started but was cut off by the axe falling on his head and knocking him out.

"Cuphead?..." Mugman asked as he looked down at his brothers unconscious body.

Before freaking out, he put his fingers just above Cuphead's wrist to see if he had a pulse. Luckily he did. As he carried him back to the cottage he muttered about how he knew this was a bad idea and how his brother never listened to him. He placed him on the couch and sat next to him. "Uh Elder Kettle? Cuphead is unconscious"

"What?!" Elder Kettle shouted as he ran into the living room.

"An axe fell on his head after he launched it into the air and it knocked him out"

"Well we gotta get him to the hospital!"

After a fairly short ride in the car, the three of them made it to the hospital where the doctors took Cuphead into their care immediately. He had a few small cracks on his head, so the doctor bandaged them and waited for him to wake up. After about twenty minutes Cuphead finally woke up, relieving his brother and Elder Kettle greatly.

"Oh Cuphead, I'm so glad you're awake we were so worried about you" Elder Kettle said as he hugged Cuphead.

"Cuphead?" the older of the two cup brothers asked with a perplexed look on his face.

"You're Cuphead..." Mugman said.

"That's my name?"

"Yes, don't you remember?"

"No, I've never even seen you two before in my life"

"That's quite normal with a blow to the head." the doctor said. "He's good to go home now and his memory should come back in the next week or so. In the meantime, try showing him significant things or pictures from the past to jog his memory"

"Alright, thank you very much" Elder Kettle said before leaving with the two brothers.

The entire car ride home, Cuphead was staring out the window with an unreadable expression on his face. Once they got inside Cuphead sat on the couch and said: "okay who the heck are you two?"

"I'm your younger brother Mugman"

"And I'm your Elder Kettle and I've raised you two since you were just wee little cups"

Cuphead shook his head. "Nope doesn't ring a bell"

Elder Kettle raced to the closet and returned with a red book. "Well then let's take a look at the photo album"