A gem (Ivory x Dice)

This story was requested by @WhimsyWabbit and the character Ivory Cyprus is their OC, go check them out!

It was after 9:00 pm and Ivory was walking down the sidewalk on a cool summer night. She had been planning on meeting a guy at a restaurant for dinner but he didn't show up. Due to being disappointed about something she had been looking forward to, she was just sadly walking around with no destination in mind. When she made it to the end of the sidewalk she stopped and found herself standing in front of the Devil's Casino. Figuring she had nothing better to do, she headed inside where she made her way to the bar and sat on one of the stools.

After hearing somebody sit down the bartender turned their focus to her. "Hello ma'am, what can I get you?"

"Give me a minute to think on it" she said. She wasn't really planning on drinking, she just didn't want to go back to an empty home right now.

The bartender headed into the room behind him leaving her sitting by herself. With her finger she began to trace shapes on the counter in front of her until a love song started playing causing her to sigh and lean on her left arm. She really wasn't in the mood for it. Soon after she heard a man laughing and talking with people in the casino. "Hahaha I'd love to stay around folks but I'm off the clock!"

Once he left that area he leaned against a wall a sighed. He seemed completely different from that cheery personality he had while dealing with customers. He tiredly made his way over to the bar and sat down a few seats away from Ivory. At first the two sat in silence until Dice finally broke it. "I've uh, never seen you around here before"

"Yeah, this typically isn't my kind of place but what the hell, might as well join these drunk fools"

"Why is that?" Dice asked.

"Why should I tell you? I'd just bore you with the story"

"I wouldn't mind listening, if you're willing to tell me that is. Can I buy you a drink?"

She replied with a brief "fine" and Dice rang the bell on the counter to get the bartenders attention.

Before making his request he turned his attention to Ivory again. "What would you like?"

"Lemon drop martini"

"Alright, a lemon drop martini for the lady and bourbon for me"

The bartender poured their drinks and served them in a few minutes. "Here you go" he said as he placed the drinks in front of them.

"Thanks..." Ivory mumbled as she swirled her drink with her fingers.

"My pleasure, so... you were saying?"

"*sigh* right" she took a sip of her drink before she continued. "I had a date tonight but... he stood me up"

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that"