Prologue

In the city of Inkopolis, there was excitement as a concert was about to begin, It was none other than Hit Rock band, Squid Squad! Ichiya The Main singer and guitarist, Murasaki The drummer, Namida On Synth, and Ikkan the bassist. They have been creating hit songs for a couple of years now, and soon they will have the chance to tour the world.

Ikkan was asleep in his apartment, it was 11:50 AM when he was awoken by the sound of his squid phone buzzing. He checked his message.
Ichiya's text: Ikkan? Where the heck are you? You were supposed to be here an hour ago!
Ikkan: OH CARP!

Ikkan quickly got up and got ready to go, it wasn't like him to be late to practice. Usually he was the first one to be there. He hasn't been acting like himself lately, as if something was bothering him. He got in his car and drove to practice.

At Practice Ikkan, Namida, And Murasaki where sitting around waiting for Ikkan.

Ichiya: Where IS HE? this is the 4th time he's done this!
Namida: Calm down Ichiya. I'm sure he'll be here.
Murasaki: Have you two noticed how he's been acting? I think something might be wrong.
Ikkan: We're his best friends, He wouldn't hide anything from us. Especially ME.

Suddenly Ikkans Car pulled up to Ichiya's place.

Ikkan: I'm here.
Ichiya: Well it's about time!

They practiced for about an hour, making sure they were ready for one of the most important concerts yet. when they were done with practice, they took a lunch break, Murasaki was munching on a sea-snail sandwich, in witch everyone looked at him with grossed out faces.

Namida: So are you guys excited for our big concert later? There's going to be a lot of people.
Murasaki: I know, I'm really nervous, but also really excited.
Ichiya: Hope it goes well. We might get to go on a world tour if it's successful! We're at the peak of becoming famous.

Ikkan didn't say anything, he just had a dazed expression as he looked down at his lunch.

Ichiya: Ikkan? Ikkan? IKKAN?
Ikkan: (snaps out of his gaze)
Ikkan: OH! I'm sorry what were you saying?
Ichiya: Aren't you excited about our big show later? If we do well, they will let us go on a world tour!
Ikkan: Oh yeah... that...
His friends looked at him concerned.
Ikkan: I should go now, I'll see you guys at tonight's show.

Without another word he got in his car and drove back home.

Murasaki: Well that was weird...

Writers note: I actually don't know too much about how music bands work, so I'm just guessing from what I know. 😓
Hope this was ok.