7. Hell

A/N: Been a while and maybe there are a lot of times this message will pop up at updates.

ARTHUR LEYWIN 

The sky was blue and I was wet with dirty water.

What happened?

I stared at the sky and clouds and gazed for a while, but why?

"This isn't funny, it's getting closer, Arthur."

I felt an otherworldly power run through my body as the feeling of my body parts returned. My muscles ache at the cold feeling of whatever water body I laid. However, even if my body was dying, I felt at peace.

"Holy shit. The aether it's eating away your body."

The clouds passed and I could feel the temperature lower as noon passed. My eyes were blinded for some reason, from constantly watching the sun I guess. My vision came back and I saw a purple spot in my vision.

"Do something."

Oh, my vision wasn't bad. The purple thing really was talking. A feeling that I needed to know something assaulted my mind but the bliss was too comforting. My vision was eaten away by a transparent white that protruded from my peripheral and I felt the bliss intensify.

"Fuck it?"

"Huh?"

The colors, so bright and detailed, assaulted my mind. It was painful and overwhelming. Luckily my brain adjusted to it again in a normal way. Now with my vision back, I finally realized what the situation was. It was daytime, but seconds later, it was night, I think. I thought for a bit and realized that I almost became blind from nerve damage. That's a weird mix up. A purple wolf bit into my arm, almost mauling it, and forced me away from whatever wet spot I lay.

I stumbled and fell again, this time sitting on the edge of the water body. I expected the wolf to attack me but it didn't. In his eyes, something that didn't belong with a wolf was sentience and intelligence (although I should have known it from the purple fire the animal had for fur).

"Huh?" was all I could make from my mouth.

"Were you deaf? We need to go now."

"Why would I listen to a stranger? Well now that I think about it, I also don't know who I am precisely. So is this like the part in movies where the person wakes up with amnesia? Am I supposed to know you," I quickly rambled? My mind seemed okay and realizing that I had almost no memories came to me almost instantaneously. "Well then-"

When I was about to turn my head around to look where I was, I was suddenly slapped by the wolf. The powerful force made my head turn the other way around while a loud audible crack was made.

"Don't look to your left."

"Why?"

"If you look at it, it messes with your brain."

"Ah. So I looked at it?" How weird that might have sounded, it might be the most logical explanation there was at that time. If that was the cause, then everything would make sense. "Can't hurt to look at it again then."

The wolf widened its eyes again like he heard the most absurd thing ever. "Yeah, you really are messed up to say that."

"I know. I won't be messed up if I'm already messed up, don't you think?" The wolf didn't respond to that rhetorical question and stood there quizzically. I stood up and finally turned to my left, making the bones in my neck pop back again.

"Well, I guess that part of Arthur is always there."

I looked at what I saw. There was a grassy field, the grass was at the midlength of my waist and the space around was folded —the way that it was done was like borders made by a force outside the world in such a way that it closed in itself to a portal. But between me and the portal stood something.