10. Drunkard

A/N: I got amnesia and forgot why I stopped.... also my writing abilities probably degraded hard. Also I'm very tired when I published so there might be some errors, be it minor or major.

Tessia Eralith

Taking a step inside the portal, the strange liquid that the portal consisted of submerged me before releasing. My body regained its freedom back and a weird feeling hit me. My hand automatically lifted to block a weird feeling from my eyes. It was sunlight, not the artificial stationary that was plastered on the weird sky, it was the genuine real light.. 2 weeks wasn't that big of a time period, but compared to that weird place I was woken up and trapped, it felt like an eternity to me. The dizziness from finally being in the real outside world subsided and I slowly observed the location around me.

And what was I supposed to do?

I am in the continent of my enemies, with no real plan. My only chance at survival is to not get caught and one already knows about my position in the war. This was seriously bad. The best chances are that I should enlist myself in the army and travel back to Dicathen with the machines that Alacya has been using.

But, I had no idea how to do it. Will they ask me for identification, I would be screwed if they do. Same if they asked me about the runes that alacryans have been keen to show it off. And the only thing that hid the obvious elf was the illusion artifact Caera gave me. The illusion artifact changed my ears into normal human-like ears and I decided to change my eye color to silver that matched the moon. It also possessed the ability to hide my own mana presence and my core. The artifact was really flexible.

But even with this artifact, my lack of understanding that might be deemed as 'common knowledge' towards alacryans, my lack of position and background , and the worst Agrona himself having a high interest in my reincarnation state was seriously putting me in danger. Talking about the reincarnation state, I saw glimpses of the one person known as Cecilia. But, nothing made sense to me. However, I couldn't help but think about Arthur with every memory that flowed inside me. Was he like... Nico? 

My core was like a dam with a crack, flowing a small stream of water. The dam is slowly breaking apart and eventually, all the memory will flow inside me. And whatever power that is attached to it too. The memory of the fire that ate away the victim of my hatred and frustration was unforgettable. The way mana circulated within me, burning and scorching as if it was a source of light and heat was something considered impossible for me.

The only way I could describe it was psychosomatic. Something so great, so dangerous and not meant to be understood by people from this world, changed the very nature of my body, making me adaptable to use mana in ways that were thought to be impossible. With common sense being thrown away, what more can I do?

My life was already flipped when the war started, but this was incomparable. I was alone, in my lowest state and I had no one to save me. Memories from other times where I stood helplessly as another one had to save me filled me, as if mocking me. Everyone thinks I am dead. Virion was already  under great depression before my disappearance, he and I had to bear that my parents were killed and watch our motherland to be taken and now my supposed death... he had to endure all of it. Tears escaped my eyes as it slowly rolled down my cheeks, but I wasn't crying. The dread was too high on me to make perform any actions.

What wounds me is what Arthur would become. How he would react and handle my 'death'. And my past memory seems to be messing with my opinion on him for some reason. Would he be sad? Would he be angry? I knew so little about him for a person I knew my entire life with. But that's the type of person he is, he won't even open up and not let his mask go down when we know each other for a decade. I hope I could get some of the burden off his shoulder but before that....