V

I was currently sitting on the lawn with Enid as she and a few other girls that also resided in Ophelia Hall were painting a black canoe. I on the other hand was sitting drawing. "Ladies, come on! Let's work on those teeth. More scowl. This kitty is taking no prisoners. If Bianca Barclay wins again this year, I will literally scratch my own eyes out!" I heard Enid shout as I looked up from my drawing. Unfortunately, I was dragged into the Poe Cup by Enid, only on one condition, I don't have to help paint that horrid boat. "I would pay money to see that." I heard Wednesday say as she approached us, her therapy must have ended, and I'm surprised she came back here. "Howdy, roomie! I'm so glad you decided to stay" Enid said as I looked back down at my sketchbook, continuing the drawing of Xavier as I eavesdropped on the conversation. "I thought you wanted your single room back." I heard Wednesday say towards Enid. "Full disclosure, I don't like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage. It's a win-win. So why the change of heart?" Enid replied. "I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else's corrupt game," Wednesday said with no emotion. "You mean Rowan?" Enid asked for confirmation. Not this again with pulling me into a supposed murder that I didn't even see happening. "I witnessed his murder, Enid." Wednesday fought back, "It's just, we all saw him this morning. Very much, like, not dead." Enid said to Wednesday, and at this rate, I'm agreeing with Enid, I did see him this morning, very much alive, however, I kept my distance for obvious reasons. "I know. Which leads me to believe I've been losing my mind. It's not nearly as fun as I had anticipated. You're Nevermore's gossip queen. What's Rowan's story?" Wednesday asked. "Other than being a weird loner... Uh... No offence." Enid said as she turned between me and Wednesday, referring to the both of us. "None taken." Wednesday and I both muttered. "Xavier Thorpe's his roommate. If you had a cell phone, you could just text him and ask him. Or you could get your sister to ask him, they seem very close lately" Enid said attempting to whisper the last part. "Enid if I read your blog later and see something about me and Xavier, you better sleep with one eye open," I said as I looked up from my sketchbook. "Yoko. Come on! Flare those whiskers. The Poe Cup droops for no one." Enid said Ignoring me and shouting at Yoko, who was clearly trying her best even with the sun blasting at her. "What is the Poe Cup anyway?" Wednesday asked, "Your gonna regret that you asked that," I said as I closed my sketchbook and stood up. "My entire reason for living right now. Part canoe race, part foot chase, no rules. Each dorm has to pick an Edgar Allan Poe short story for inspiration. You could grab a brush. Ms Thornhill's just ordered pizza. Want to take a stab at being social?" Enid asked trying to convince your sister to join the competition as well. "I do like stabbing. The social part, not so much. Besides, it'll cut into my writing time." Wednesday said as she turned on her foot and headed in the other direction. "No worries. Just as long as your lakeside cheering us to victory on race day. Or you can just glare uncomfortably. Whatever works for you." Enid shouted after my sibling. "All right well I'm bored, I'm away to find Xavier," I said as I walked off, briefly looking back to see Enid smirking at me with her arms crossed.

I was sitting with Xavier and Ajax in the quad. "Jesus, gorgons are so dumb, why don't you just ask her out, she's already obsessed with you, what's the worst she can say, no?" I said as I had my head rested into my arms as I listened to Ajax moan on about Enid and how he can't be with her as gorgons are taught to keep themselves to themselves. "That's exactly what I said" Xavier explained as he and Ajax went into another rant. "What do you know, you broke up with your girlfriend because you couldn't trust her" ajax fought back. "Boys, calm down" I shouted at both as they were giving me a massive headache. Suddenly I saw my sister approach me. "what" I groaned as she stood lifeless. "We have to pick an extracurricular activity," she said as she walked off. "See you later boys" I sighed as I picked up my bag and followed my sister.

I looked to my left to see a sign that read 'the pitch slaps', what a stupid name. "Weems said you'd both be stopping by. But to be honest, after your performance at the Harvest Festival, drama club might be more your speed." Bianca said as she looked at the both of us. "After I passed out, who did you tell? The sheriff?" Wednesday questioned as I rolled my eyes as she was still focused on this whole rowan being murdered crap. "You think I'd trust normie cops? I went straight to Weems and let her handle it. Anyway, let's get this audition over with. What are you? Alto, soprano or just loco?" Bianca asked the both of you as she smirked. Suddenly a note on the piano was played, and Wednesday opened her mouth, however, nothing was heard. I on the other hand heard a high-pitched squeal, which caused my ears pain. Nothing like being born with ears like a canine. "What was that?" Bianca asked shocked as Wednesday shattered the piano player's glasses. "A note only dogs can hear. And my sister, due to her superior hearing" Wednesday said as she turned and walked away from the teen who stared in disgust.

We walked towards the archery field, where I saw Xavier shooting a bow and arrow. Suddenly I got butterflies in my stomach as we approached the long-haired teen. "Huh. You actually showed up. Ever shot a bow and arrow before?" Xavier said as he looked a the both of you. "Only on live targets," Wednesday said emotionless. "Occasionally," I said as I stood in between the two. 'Okay. Square stance. Load the arrow like this, yellow side out. Three fingers. Pull back and... let it fly." Xavier said as he demonstrated and let the arrow hit the outer ring. "Any questions?" he turned to us as the arrow hit the board. I simply shook my head meaning no. "When was the last time you saw your roommate Rowan?" Wednesday asked which caused me to groan. "You mean the one that was killed by a monster? The Harvest Festival. I haven't talked to him since. But his side of the room was all packed this morning. Rowan's always been a little off, but, uh, the last couple of weeks he's been more erratic. You know, telekinesis can mess with your head, you know. He's... It started to freak me out." Xavier said as he explained the situation to him and his roommate. Wednesday just gave him a blank stare, obviously not giving her the information that she was looking for. "So, what's the deal with you and Tyler?" Xavier asked which cause me to let out a slight laugh and Wednesday to stare at him in complete and utter shock. "I'm sorry, were you the only one who got to ask non-archery questions?" Xavier said as he stared at my sister and gave me a slight smile which I returned. "There is no deal. He was doing me a favour driving me out of town." Wednesday said as I picked up a bow and an arrow. "Yeah, word of advice. Steer clear." Xavier said as I turned to face the two arguing. "I agree Wednesday, I've already told you that I think he's bad news," I said as I looked at my sister who just scoffed at me. "Why? Because he's a normie?" Wednesday said as she questioned us both. "Tyler and his friends are jerks. They can't stand that this school's propping up their Podunk town." Xavier said as he lifted my arm higher as I was aiming at the target. "Says the boy whose life was served on a silver platter," Wednesday said and as she did, I let go of the string and let the arrow fly through the sky, hitting just left of the target. "Wednesday, can't you just be civil for once" I scolded my younger sibling. "No," Wednesday said to me with no emotion which cause Xavier to speak up "Hey, girls in glass houses... "Xavier said however he was soon cut off by Wednesday. "Should throw bigger stones." Wednesday snapped as she picked up the bow and arrow, getting into position. "At least I'm not an elitist snob." Wednesday finished as she picked up an apple that was sitting there, threw it and shot the arrow right through it and made it on the bullseye. "Ouch," Xavier said as she walked away. "Hey, don't worry about her, she's an ass I know," I said as I turned to Xavier and smiled. "So, you're joining the archery club," Xavier asked as he smiled at you, "well if I was better at one sport that Wednesday, it would have to be archery," I said as I grinned at Xavier. For the next hour, you and Xavier practised. While Wednesday was off doing God knows what.