XI

I was currently sitting in my dorm with Wednesday and Enid as Wednesday was looking over her murder investigation board while 'Tierra Rica' was playing in the background. "When I suggested giving your third of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy's Pinterest in mind," Enid said as I stood beside her with my arms crossed, looking at the board that was covered in photos of dead bodies. "Still not as creepy as your stuffed unicorn collection," Wednesday said as she pinned more photos and documents to the board. "Is this why you snuck out last night?" I questioned as she tried to get me to go with her, but I argued against it. "Thing and I made an unsanctioned trip to the morgue to copy the files of the monster's victims," Wednesday replied as she stared at the board. "Okay, there are so many levels of ew in that statement, I don't know where to begin," Enid said disgustedly. "I need to get inside its head. Discover any patterns or anomalies. I've already made a big discovery. Turns out all of the monster's victims have had body parts surgically removed. The first one a kidney, the second a finger..." Wednesday said as she walked towards Enid and me with a handful of pictures and handed Enid one by one as she called out the injury. Suddenly Enid started panting as she looked at each of the photos. "Wednesday, I don't feel..." Enid muttered as she tried to stand. "Third a gall bladder. And the bearded man from the meeting house, two toes. Do you understand what this means? These murders aren't mindless. He's collecting trophies like a seasoned serial killer. It's impressive, actually." Wednesday continued as she ignored Enid's cries for help. I simply stood behind the girl and caught her before she hit the floor. Thing quickly caught the attention of Wednesday who turned around to see me holding the girl up. "A little help would be nice" I sighed as I rolled my eyes at my sister. "Fetch the smelling salts. Again." Wednesdays said to thing as he ran off towards the bathroom for the second time today.

Later that day I was currently sat in Ms Thornhill's class, with Wednesday in between Xavier and me, lately, I have been quite distant from the boy since we kissed, but I don't want to seem desperate. "While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception." Ms Thornhill said as I was too immersed in my sketchbook to pay attention. Suddenly I heard the grunt of Xavier which caused Wednesday and I to glance over to see him lean over and grab a book out of his bag. "I tweaked my back fencing." I heard Xavier say, as I saw noticeable marks from where the drawing jumped out and scratched him. "The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in. Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?" Thornhill continued as I went back to my sketchbook. "Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave'N." I heard Bianca say as I quickly glanced at her to see her holding a smirk on her face. "Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework." Ms Thornhill said. I really couldn't be bothered about the dance however; I suspect that many other people do as there were loud cheers.

"But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee. Anyone interested, come, and see me up here.' Ms Thornhill said as multiple people stood up and walked towards the woman. 'You're not gonna volunteer? Aren't you pumped about disco balls and spiked punch? There's even a DJ. MC Blood Suckaz." Xavier said to Wednesday, and I continued to draw, not appearing too desperate for the boy. "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. I'll probably do that anyway." Wednesday said had no emotion in her voice as she wasn't bothered about the dance either. "Or you could invite someone and have a little fun." I heard Xavier say as I felt a gaze on me which caused me to look out the corner of my eye to see Xavier looking at me. With that, I simply left class and returned to my dorm with Enid as Wednesday went and did more of her investigating.

I was currently sitting at my desk as Enid was walking about what she was thinking of wearing to the raven. I rolled my eyes as I was barely listening to the girl when all of a sudden, the dorm door slammed open and Wednesday walked through it. "Jesus, what did the door ever do to you," I said as I turned around on my desk chair to face my sister. "I have to go to that stupid dance," Wednesday said with no emotion as she walked over to her third of the room. "No way! With who?" Enid squealed as she ran up to my sister. "Xavier," Wednesday said with no emotion in her voice. "WHAT!" I roared at the top of my lungs as I stood up from my chair. "I can't believe you Wednesday Friday Addams! This is worse than a knife in the back! You know I like him, then you go and ask him to the Rave'N." I shouted as I picked up my sketchbook, followed by my pencil pot and numerous other things that were over my desk and threw them at Wednesday one by one. I was suddenly stopped by Enid as she held my hands down by my side, stopping me from picking up anything else. With that I let out a huge grunt and walked out of the dorm, slamming the door in the process.