X

I was currently standing beside my sister, holding my black violin in hand as the mayor stood up to make a speech. "Thank you. It is my honour to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone. Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory. Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity." The mayor said as he finished his speech the marching band started to play. Soon enough Wednesday and I joined in as we played along to "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac.

Suddenly as we were playing, the statue burst into flames. With all the screaming, everyone ran away from the blaze. I was frozen in shock; however, I was suddenly pulled away. I glanced to see who pulled me away to see Xavier and Ajax. "Are you okay?" Xavier asked me however I simply nodded. With that, we all returned to school with Wednesday being called immediately to principal Weems's office.

I was currently sitting in my room as I was drawing, Wednesday was smashing the keys on her typewriter and Enid was freaking out about what to wear on her date with Ajax. "Too much?" Enid said to Wednesday and I, however, didn't even bother to look up. "I feel like you just napalmed me, Enid," Wednesday said in a dark voice as she continued typing. "So glad I have my date with Ajax tonight. Get my mind off that trainwreck of an afternoon. I literally think I have PTSD. I didn't even get to do my dance routine." Enid complained as she was looking through what to wear. "What a tragedy," I muttered as I continued shading my drawing. "What kind of twisted psycho would want to sabotage such a life-affirming event?" Enid sighed which simply caused me to look up and look at Wednesday knowing that she had something to do with it. "You're going to be late," Wednesday said as she got the tension off her. "Wish me luck." Enid smiled as he pulled on her coat. I suddenly got a text from Xavier also.

Xavier:

Out at my shed, so come any time you want!

Chloe:

Okay I'll be down soon

"If he breaks your heart, I'll nail-gun his," Wednesday said as Enid left the room. "I'm also away, going to meet Xavier to practice my powers," I said as I stood up grabbing my sketchbook and pencils in the process. "Okay, don't stay out too late," Wednesday said as she continued writing. "I won't" I sighed as I left the room making my way towards Xavier's art studio.

I walked into Xavier's shed to see him standing working on a canvas. "Hi" I smiled at him as I simply pulled myself up onto the bench. "hey" Xavier smiled as he turned around to face me. His hair was tied up in a bun, giving me butterflies instantly. "What you are working on" I asked as I looked at the canvas to see a creature of some sort. "Promise if I tell you, you won't tell anyone else," Xavier said looking at me seriously. "I promise" I smiled at him. "Lately, I've been having nightmares, and this creature shows up in them, and it's constantly on my mind until I put it on paper," Xavier said as he looked at me. "WOW" I looked at the boy. "I know what you're probably thinking that I'm this monster that's been running around attacking people" Xavier sighed. "No, not really, because I mean things don't really add up, like if you take earlier today when Wednesday says that she was following the monster you were with me the whole time, so how could it be you," I said as I smiled at him. "Thank you, Chloe," Xavier said as he gave me his infamous smirk. Suddenly there was a growl and waivers painting came to life, instantly scratching him on the neck.

"Shit" I shouted as I quickly grabbed the tarp that was lying to the side and covered the canvas. "Sit down" I instructed Xavier as I grabbed a towel, as he was bleeding badly. I gently began to dab the wound. "Does it hurt?" I said as I saw Xavier winching in pain. "Yeah, a bit," Xavier said as he looked up at me looking me in the eyes. We were staring into each other's eyes for a while when we both started to lean in. and with that our lips met, the butterflies now going instantly crazy in my stomach. As our lips were connected, one hand stayed with the towel on Xavier's neck as the other found its way around his neck, as Xavier's hands reached up and supped my checks. After a few seconds, we both pulled away for air, both of us grinning at each other. "I don't think it's a great night to practice when your hurt" I sighed as Xavier took over holding the towel. "I agree" Xavier smiled back at me. "we best get back then" I replied going to turn around feeling my face getting warmer, only to be pulled back around to Xavier's lips connecting back onto mine.

For the second time tonight, we both pulled away grinning like idiots. "You head on, I've got to lock this up, so no one gets in, ill text you when I'm back in my dorm" Xavier muttered as I smiled at him. "okay" I smiled as I left, gently closing the door behind me.

As I walked back into my dorm, I saw Wednesday and Enid both lying sleeping, I guess I was away longer than expected. I quickly got changed and then crawled into bed. Within 5 minutes I received a text from Xavier.

Xavier:

I'm back in my dorm, bleeding has stopped, so I'm going to try to sleep, Goodnight

I smiled at the messages remembering the events that took place no more than an hour ago, and with that, I quickly texted him back.

Chloe:

Goodnight Xav, Sweet Dreams

And with that, I fell into a peaceful slumber with a smile on my face.