My love

~

~

His hands rushed over the locks with a small knife, he didn't waste a second. I watched him, his fingers briefly brushing over my skin, sending tingles all over me every time. Once the sound of heavy chains falling onto the ground, I shot up wrapping myself around him.

His heart banging on my chest and mine doing the same to his. He cupped my face, the blood sticking to his palms, our lips finally coming together and all I wanted was to kiss him forever.

"Y/n.." he spoke into my lips, as I refused to let him go. My grasp on him ultimately loosened, his eyes meeting mine. His eyes looked shattered, hurt, dreadful though there was a clear spark of anger ready to burst into a flame.

"I'm ok." I spoke trying to reassure his worries as his eyes looked over me, though it was clear that it was not working. "Why are you here?" A sudden burst of concern flooded my heart, I was glad he was here but I was afraid of what will happen next.

"To answer a stupid question. Try again." I rolled my eyes. I could see a figure from the corner of my eye, I turned my head before I could panic.

"I know I'm your mother, but please get a room." My head shot to where her voice came from. She stood there leaning against the door frame, at first glance she looked unfazed by the situation: her body seemed sluggish, her arms wrapped around her, and her head resting on the door frame. Though I didn't need to look twice to notice how her leg was twitching, her finger nails digging into her arm as she tried to control her shaking.

Her body pushed off the metal frame and making its way towards me, each step bigger and faster than the other. When she finally reached me her arms strangled me. Warmth and fear taking away my breath, her heart pounding against my chest and she too couldn't find where her breath had disappeared to.

"Never again." She spoke muffled, her face buried into my shoulder. I didn't need another word from her to know what she had meant. I couldn't reassure her that. It was just impossible in this situation.

Once she pulled away, her eyes filled with tears that refuse to let themselves fall, I gave her a 'I'm sorry' glance before walking over to where the table was, blood stains and all sorts of blades and hammers and things that could make someone go mad by only the sight of them all laid there ready for battle.

"What are you doing." My mother spoke. That wasn't a question. "Y/n." Her voice grew stern.

"Do you remember, the last mission?" I say still focused on the tools in front of me. Silence replied so I continued. "Every man was training every minute, of every hour, of every day. Father ordered them to. His last mission, before I stopped him, the last goal he had, the last focus." I turned to face them, their faces full of confusion, "that is what Adwir wants. And as I did to that bastard, I will stop him at any cost."