gwens pov

i worry for this new girl. i'm not sure how she's handling hollywood,im hoping she'll be okay and this was just a little scare. there are so many people with eating disorders and anxiety and depression in hollywood, it's definitely not talked abt enough, and i hope to be this girls mentor if she'll let me. she looks like a fun person,  so i'll try to keep it lighthearted at lunch and not press on it too much, but if something happens again i think i'll talk to her abt my own struggles. i wouldn't want her to go  through the same pain that i have trying to get used to this industry. im lucky to be as successful as i am, but hopefully i'll be able to take her under my wing just as i did with jenna (quite literally 🤪) and emma.
i snap back to life. i pat her shoulder and help her get back to her feet. "so , how does lunch sound? " she disacoaties for a quick second, then says "yes!" "okay , how does indian food sound?" i ask. "i'll have anything you want." she says enthusiastically with a nod.
"okay, here let's get into my car there's a great indian place like 5 minutes away."
we get into the car and i turn on the radio, i hate silence. even in the car.
"do you have instagram ? wanna take a fun car selfie for your first day at work ?"
we do a couple of silly faces, laughing off the tension from earlier, and then lean our heads together and smile for the camera.
"posted!" i say.
"i'm sure they'll all love you."