the nightmare before christmas (gwens pov)

it's the next day, luckily, we finished work with no faint spells from melia, and although we didn't go out to eat i still checked on how she was doing and made sure she ate. i have to wonder if she's ever had a nice mother or motherly figure, she acts so surprised and honored at the smallest things i do for her.
today is the big day, the day of the christmas party, themed for tim burton being there.
im excited for it, and hopefully melia is too. we usually stay and party there all night , and it's a secret event that doesn't ever end up on social media. it happens every year.
we get there , it's pitch black but the big house that we arrive at has bright , flashing to the music christmas lights. already a bit overstimulating ,i should've taken my migraine medicine before coming here .
"you ready to go in?" i ask her.
"yes!" melia looks like she's about to recieve a puppy.
we walk in and immediately are surrounded by around 5o celebrities and their families.
we see ellen pompeo and her family an eyes length away, and i wave to her.
she comes over with sienna hand in hand with her.
"hi gwen!" ellen says with a high pitched voice.
"hi ellen." i say while hugging her.
"and who is this?" ellen asks politely.
"she's working with me on my new show we're filming."
"oh , cool. "
we have a fun time dancing along and watching the christmas lights outside our window, eating cookies cupcakes and pizza as well as the infamous punch. melia has loved meeting all the friends and she even got to take a selfie with jenna and emma , which they all promptly posted on their instagram.
suddenly , we're told we're going to play a family against family game , where each family has to run to wrap 2 people and take it off in a minute and 30 seconds.
of course, that's upsetting because it's just me and melia. it's not like we can't do it just ourselves, but every game besides dancing has been family based so far. and i think that melia haz had her smile fade each and every time it's happened. we've teamed up with people , but i think this was like her last straw. she goes quickly to the bathroom and i follow after her. i hear her crying to herself quietly, so i knock on the door.
"melia? what's going on?"
she says she's sorry and keeps crying.
i open the door to get to her .
"it's okay , melia. can i touch you? " i hug her tightly. "i think you're a beautiful amazing girl and im not leaving you anytime soon. we can stay here all you want or , i can show you i know what you are dog memes to make you laugh. in fact i'll do that rn . while we're still here. and then after, why don't you tell me what's the matter."
she nods enthusiastically.
"okay here, look at this one. " i show her a wednesday version of the meme.
she laughs and sniffs , wiping her nose and i pull her hair out of her face.
"so what's going on?"
i say.
"all those people out there, they have family supporting them through their career that actually like them, yk? i don't have any good parents. i don't even have DECENT parents. "
suddenly, everything makes sense to me.
i hug her more.
"melia, i'm so glad you could tell me all of that. is that why you've been sticking by me so much? yeah? well how about this. we can go back to my house and have a sleep over until work tomorrow,screw the party.and if you don't have anyone to have christmas with you're gonna come to my house again and we're gonna do christmas together, okay??" i pat her lap, and wipe her tears some more. "come on, let's get up now."
"thank you." melia says, crying into my chest as i hug her.
i have her look up at me, and i kiss her forehead.
"come on, we're gonna have our own version of christmas this year.