Chapter Twenty

^ Tyler's new hair ^

Tyler's P.O.V

I'm waiting on Vivian to get home so we can dye my hair then practice, tomorrow's the day and I'm starting to get a little nervous.

I went and got dye after school, I got a red that has some purple hues to it.

I hear the door open and loud talking downstairs.

"Okay Tyler ready to do your hair" Vivian asks coming through the bedroom door. "Yup" I say getting off my bed and heading to the bathroom to grab my tub.

I then go to my dresser to grab my other dye shirt for her to wear. "Here, put this on so you don't ruin your shirt" I say throwing it at her.

"Okay" she says and goes to the bathroom.

She comes back out wearing the shirt and I grab the bag from Sally's Beauty Supplies and head out the door.

"Why are we going in here?" she asks as I open the door to the bedroom next to ours. "I dye my hair in here because I don't wanna hog up the bathroom in ours" I say and put the tub down on the counter.

She stands in the middle of the room staring at the bed. I go and change shirts and come back out to see her still just staring at the bed.

"Do you sleep in here?" she points at the messed up blankets on the bed. "Um no, but last night me and James came up here to get away from the noise and we laid on the bed" she looks at me. "Yall came up here, and laid on the bed. Together?" I nod, "Yeah?" "With the door closed?" oh I see the problem now.

"Daniel said to, to cancel out the loud noise" "But when me and Kyle would be in our room the door had to be open!" she exclaims.

"Well, no offense Vivi but Kyle had his intentions. And I don't do touching, Daniel said he didn't have to worry" she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, he did have intentions" she sighs. "Okay let's do my hair so we can practice, I've been singing along with the song a little in the car but it'll be different with a live piano" I say and we go into the bathroom.

I pull out the bowl, brush, dye, gloves, Vaseline, hair brush, and scissors. "Okay so, I'm gonna trim my ends a little because they are very dead. I usually do that before I bleach but I forgot to last time" I say brushing my hair and picking up my scissors and start cutting.

I took about an inch and a half off, and am now rubbing Vaseline around my hairline. "Why are you doing that" Vivi asks putting her gloves on, "So the dye won't stain my skin" I put the lid back on it and throw away the gloves I was wearing.

I put new ones on and start squeezing the dye into the bowl. "Okay so you're gonna take the brush and just start painting it on. Make sure you cover the entire section or it'll turn out splotchy" she nods and takes the bowl and brush from me.

She take a deep breath then gets started.

"So there's something about tomorrow that I haven't told you" she says as she finishes the last section and puts the bowl on the counter. "What" I say washing the bowl and brush off in the sink.

"Well, there's gonna be a cello playing with us. And you know the player it's just, I don't think you like him" I set the bowl and brush down to dry and turn to her. "Who is it?", "Landon" she mutters his name.

"He plays the cello?" I can't see him playing any instrument, James did say he was in the showcase.

"Yeah, and he's really good so I asked him to play with me and Beca" "Does he know it's me singing now?" I step out of the bathroom and go into the bedroom.