Cheerleading

* Denise Pov *

"YOU'RE GETTING FAT" Rie said out loud. I didn't answer instead I rushed to the mirror to look at myself since we were in the bathroom. I looked normal, medium height and slender, nothing had changed but the fact that she called me fat begun to make me feel very insecure. That was pretty rude why would she say that to me, she knew exactly how I felt about that word. Now I wont be able to feel good about myself most importantly to get out of this room.

"Ok fine you not, I just said that to get you to do something like a sport maybe or a club because all you ever do is read and you might actually get fat because not enough exercise is being done" she said as she stood behind me viewing her reflection in the mirror. I knew she was up to something, she just wouldn't say things she knew I didn't like. Fine I will admit , I've been on my books for the past week and I barely have time to socialise or take a break. A bit of thought was put into her idea and I think it won't be so bad to try it out. Infact I'll take running as a sport, although I'll have to run around the rugby pitch with all those pervs looking at me (well atleast I think) , it won't be bad for now since they are on tour and I'll take up cheerleading for my club. Thing is I'm not 100% sure about doing it because most of Kevins barbie thugs or should I say stalker girls are there and besides cheerleading is for the snobbish high class girls, I certainly won't fit in but trying wouldn't hurt right.

"Whatever Miss Perfect" I said as I smiled , shut the door in her face and walked away. I'd been debating all day on whether or not to actually do cheerleading. I do have the skills, I've been doing acrobatics since I was young so I'm really flexible and I think I'll be able to tackle any move they ask me to do.

*********
I've made up my mind and im going for auditions. I've changed into my acro kit, and im heading for the door. As I enter I'm feeling noxious and nervous at the same time and to make it worse i see people giggling and whispering to each other the moment I walk in. What was wrong with me being here.

"Uhmm yeah sweety , the acrobatics class is down the hall, this is cheer squad" Sarah said as she earned laughs from everyone. I was very embarrassed, I couldn't move or think of anything to do instead I just stood stationary were I was like a child who has just peed on themselves. It wasn't my fault that I didn't have the required kit for this, I'd never had any intentions of doing cheerleading in the past and didn't think I'd do it now. After a short period of time I heard Ash whisper to Sarah .

"Don't do that to her, she's my friend"

"Yeah whatever, show us what you got" Sarah said to me. I got over my embarrassment and moved to the stage because there was no point in keeping stationary. Music was played, orders were insisted but either way in my opinion I'd say I did well. Everyone got a chance to audition and I don't mean to boast but I don't think I saw any performance better than mine. We waited for the club leaders to pick who was going to make it into their squad. At this moment I wasn't stressing because I knew one way or another I was going to make it.

" Brenda , Alice , Clara and Rose, hard luck next time for the losers" Sarah laughed. Typical Sarah Bullock. How on earth did I not see that coming. She wouldn't choose me anyways cause she's afraid I might just be competition but she won't admit it.

"I guess it's for acro then" I sighed to myself