Chapter 24: The Time is Anew

This chapter is dedicated to Kelionna for helping me figure out what my next step would be with my characters. And Bree... Thank you for critiquing my work and help me make this story more reader friendly.

You know the pain you feel when you stub you pinky toe on the corner of the bed. The sharp breathtaking pain that hits you. And then it lingers for a while afterwards. So much so that you limp for what seems like hours.
That the only way I can describe the pain I am feeling in soul from Kai passed away. I now know what it means to have your heart ache.
I set and watched as his body grew cold, my heart growing just as cold with every second that passes.
Alo, Lena, Mama Pen, Tyee and even Joan had been long gone when Doc Hudson finally got me to agree to leave so we could properly bury him at sunrise. I cried myself to sleep. And woke up feeling empty.
Numb.
We bathed him (the love of my life) in saffron water and dressed him in full regalia with jewelry, and moccasins. He is to be buried with his favorite bow and arrow. That will be wrapped in the blanket he was given at birth.
We will burn blue candles for the next 10 days to protect our pack from evil and to help with his safe passage to the next life.
No woman who is currently bleeding is allowed at the burial site, for it tradition. And nothing red is allowed to be seen today.
We all wear white and moccasins. All the elders and leaders will wear turquoise jewelry. We do not honor our deceased by wearing black.
But all little details seem like nuances. Because nothing matters to me right now other then the fact that he's gone.
"Mama Pen I don't think I can do this.
My whole being is lost.
I can't feel,
I can't eat.
I ccccccc.... Can't!" I cry out. Tears swelling up and spilling over on to my favorite shirt.
"Breathe Leia. You can honey. I have been in your shoes. It's not going to be easy. Only difference is I had an heir to take over." She says softly
"I wasn't given a chance to produce one." I say barely above a whisper.
"Kai told me once about a dream the moon goddess came to him and expressed her plans. He accepted his faith along time ago. I just thought that I would have more time with him. But Leia, your premonitions told you of the same faith. I am not telling you not to mourn. I'm telling you that you have got to pull it together."
Be strong."
"And fall apart behind closed doors. Guide your pack through this difficult time and they will never leave nor forsake you."
Spoken like a true leader. Mama Pen has always been the firm hand everyone needs. But as a leader I now have to think about what she needs.
Sabrina our lead omega shows up with warm bread and hot tea with honey. Forcing the both of us to eat.
"You need your strength. Neither one of you slept well last night."
Besides Penny I need to braid your hair. If you can braid Leia's afterwards. I have braided Joan's hair."
Mama Pen silently thanks her. And even though she is an Omega, Sabrina has always been apart of the glue that holds this whole place together.

We chant and circle dance as it tradition. Sage is lite and everyone is purified as we entry the burial grounds.
The burial ceremony was grand in a way that Kai would have been deeply honored. A true Alpha's send off to the heavens.
You can feel the pack's heavy heart. Once Kai is buried, we shift and howl as the sunrises. A mournful howl for our fearless Alpha that gave his life protecting the ones he loved.
Back at the pack house the elders and royal council bless my leadership. Now that Kai is gone. They ask what is my first rule as the Lycan leader. And to their shock I show them the mark of the goddess and tell them I am now the one true ruler.
"I have been blessed to be the true ruler of the werewolves. Alpha Kai wouldn't take on this role because he knew of the goddess' plan to make me queen of werewolves.
Rightfully I was born to Alphas. Mated as well as married to the Alpha of all Alphas.
I will now be your Queen Alpha. All werewolves and lycans will report to me."
"In this grim time, the moon goddess has blessed my people with our markings and soon after our mourning we will unify with a blood pack. I have alliances with 3 other packs. We have plans to unite and be the queen and her court. You have until the 1st new of next month to comply."
"Know the goddess is watching. It has been spoken that all those who don't agree will answer to her wrath. She has blessed me with true sight sight and the ability hear one's thoughts. I am the white wolf of our legends."
Everyone's gasps.
"It's going to be a lonely road without Kai.
But there is a reason why my reign is beginning in the first day of the Lunar New Year. I just hope that I can have faith in my journey."
I have stand before everyone a different person from the teenage girl who lost her parents back on the farm.
My world was saved my alpha.

Thanks for being on this journey with me as I developed Leia. My plan is to show a little bit of Joan's journey in the next book. Stay tune for Book 2 The Alpha who cursed me. And as always don't forget to comment and vote.
XoXo Peeps
Dee
Copyright © 2022 DeeDeeCherial all rights reserved