Part 4 I Early Warning

!Slight TW for this part! Mentions of suicide.

                                                                                         Neo

               I walked back into my apartment. I was exhausted, I had to distract myself from seeing an insanely charming man at the club. If I fell in love with him it would be terrible, I can't fall in love because I can't get into a relationship. It distracts me from my job, I can't even get into a relationship with anyone in my work. I grabbed some cookies from the cupboard and plopped down on my couch next to Spice. He whined softly and nuzzled my hand asking me to pet him. I smiled, grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. To my surprise the news anchor was reporting on breaking news. I leaned in closer and I almost wished I hadn't.

He was talking about how some cop busted a national assasination organization. I felt my stomach drop as they showed videos of cops storming the building and forcefully dragging people out with audible gunshots heard in the background. I imagined what it would be like if that happened to me, I thought about heavily armed muscular men with their guns out and ready breaking down our security and throwing us all in vans and police cars.

Without even thinking I got up and went to the phone, I anxiously dialed Andy's number and paced as it rang. My stomach repositioned itself when he answered.

"Neo? What's the matter? Why on earth are you calling me at 10 pm?" He was very confused at my unpredictableness.

"Andy! Very big situation. Very bad situation, can I come to the office? Like right now?" I fiddled with the zipper on my sweater, my heart racing.

"I guess... but do I get an explanation?" He asked, concerned.

"Yes eventually but right now I just need to run over there."

***

I rushed into Andy's office looking unprofesional. Before I came over, I threw on a sweatshirt, and sweatpants over my stripper outfit.

"Andy, I really need to talk to you. Have you seen the news?" I said trying to keep my composure.

Andy was in his chair and without saying anything, turned on his T.V. to the news about the organazation getting busted.

"You mean this news?" he asked me calmly.

I stood there with my lips slightly parted watching everyone getting thrown into cells, while other who were still there jumped off the buildings, or shot themselves, not wanting to deal with getting caught.

"I've seen the news Neo. I know how scary it seems, you don't want us to get caught like that. No one here does. Thats why I've hired extra seccurity and I've held off on incoming missions, and I'm pulling people back. Anyone on a mission, in another state or country will be staying there untill futher notice. I've ordered eveyone to stop assignments." He said, turning off the T.V.

"I've taken all of the precautions and more Neo. I assure you, we're safe." He stated in a cool tone.

But we're not safe. I thought, we will never be safe. We're an illegal assasination organization. "Safe" is definitely a very poor choice of words.