Part 7 I The aftermath

Neo

I stood anxiously at the phone while it rang trying to get my breathing under control thankfully Wesley picked up fast.

"Hello? This is Wesley speaking." His English accent charmed its way through the phone and into my ears calming me.

"Wesley, I found something out today."

"Neo? What's the matter? Are you ok? Why do you sound like you were just running?" He asked.

There were so many questions and I couldn't answer them now. I just wanted to tell someone about this, all of this. I wanted to give someone my life story, I wanted to rant about how unfair everything is. About how I got it so bad, I've waited long enough haven't I? Well, where's my happy ending?

"Wesley, I'll answer everything I swear I just.. Can I come over now please?" I asked my breathing Slowly returning to normal.

"Of course. You're always welcome here." He reassured me and didn't ask any more.

I was still in the outfit I had gone out on the date with Jackson with and Wesley's apartment was so air conditioned I was soon freezing. He answered the door and brought me in, settling me on the couch.

"Alright, just stay calm. I'll get blankets, pillows, anything you need. Do you want water, food, anything?" He asked, concerned.

"No, I'm alright." I said.

"You sure? Do you have a fever? Are you sick? I can call your work and tell them you won't be coming in." Wesley said, pointing to his phone.

"No, no it's ok. I'm fine, I just..." I sighed. Wesley brought me a blanket and one of his hoodies and sat down next to me on the couch.

"I had sex with Jackson" I blurted out

Wesley stared at me with a strange look in his eyes.

"What?" He asked calmly.

"Well I really thought our date was going well and I was so desperate and he was just there... It was stupid I wasn't thinking and I kind of shooed him out after and ran over here." 

Wesley didn't say anything for a while, but then he pulled me in for a hug. His muscular arms wrapped around my limp and exposed body. I felt the hint of his beard on my neck and cheek catching the tears that fell from my eyes. He hugged me so tightly, I never wanted to leave his embrace.

it felt so comforting I started to cry. He didn't even try to stop me from crying, he just let me cry while he held me.

***

Andy told me what I had to do with Jack. And no, it wasn't as simple as dumping him before he finds anything out. It was kill him, before he jeopardizes your life and career. I sat in a bathroom stall and played with the keychain on my bag. Jackson was the first man I had felt a physical attraction to since I was 17. He was so sweet and maybe he would have supported me if he wasn't a cop. But he was a cop, and I worked for an illegal assassination organization and have killed too many people to count. I'm not nice, or sweet at all. I'm evil, ruthless, unforgiving, and I need to be locked up for the safety of the public. Looking back at the events that led me to this moment, I can't figure out where I went wrong. 

A/N:  Sorry for not updating in a while, here's a chapter with some fluff in it. After I'm done with this story there might be another one!