Part 11 I A new idea

I stood in front of his apartment and rang his doorbell. I waited for him to unlock the door preparing for what I was going to tell him.

"Neo? What's the occasion?" Wesley inquired, due to the fact that I almost never visit him purposely unless it's a holiday, or an emergency.

"Hi Wes, I need to talk to you about something.." I said and tried not to act too sad.

"Well, come on in, let's sit down." Wesley said. I walked in and the familiar scent of his apartment cradled me. Even though I hadn't left it made me feel homesick, I would miss his smell. We sat on his old couch and I wrapped a blanket around me.

"Wes, I've been thinking about the organization. By now you know that Andy's dead and now I'm the big CEO." I sighed and continued. "When the workers were moving all his furniture out, one of the workers told me that the cops were investigating Andy and that he'd eventually find me." I blurted out my worst fear to Wesley in such a calm tone I was taken aback.

"Are you.. considering changing the organization?" Wesley asked me in a cautious tone.

"Yes, I've already planned it out. We're moving to Florida." I said finally breaking the news to him.

At first all we could hear was his clock ticking, and the cars whizzing by down on 5th.

"When are you leaving? Will I ever get to see you again?" Wesley was obviously sad at my sudden departure.

"Yes, I'll come to visit, I can call you and send you pictures. I have a landline, and I have a cell phone, we can text on there. I'm leaving in 2 days." I said, trying not to make eye contact with those beautiful brown eyes.

"But that's so soon.. so you're leaving on Friday?" Wesley said. He sounded like he wanted to plead with me not to leave him here.

"Yes, I'm leaving on Friday. But I'll call you as soon as I get settled in my new house." I tried to reassure him that I would be okay in Florida.

Wesley sighed before hugging me, I could smell his gentle scent that comforted me since high school. I hated the fact that I had to leave Wesley. New York seems so bland when I imagine it without me. I'm glad I get to bring Spice with me.