10.

"Get a ticket. We were here first!"

Scott arrived in the North Pole and looked around in disappointment. Children and their parents crowded around as the elves walked around, faking smiles while they were forced to take money from the adults.

"I hate it. I'm not getting on."

"I'm not made of money, all right?"

"Let's go."

"Try our gingerbread houses." Frost spoke over the intercom. "They're Santalicious. Don't forget to buy a ticket for Santa's show."

Scott handed a ten dollar bill to the elf in front of him, who gave him a ticket in return. As Scott walked around he took in the depressing conversations and atmosphere around him.

"Do I look like a cash machine to you?"

"I want a dancing Santa!"

"Keep moving. Come on."

"Forget it, that's it."

"I saw it first."

"No, you didn't!"

"I'm buying it."

"Give it to me!"

"No way!"

"Mom!"

"Dad, I don't like this."

"That's just too bad."

"Hey, stand somewhere else."

"You stay right here with me and hold my hand!"

"I wanna see reindeer."

Scott looked towards the reindeer area and his heart broke. Little kids touched and poked at the reindeer, while force-feeding them carrots and other items.

"Stop pushing!"

"Why are we here?"

"Because you wanted to-"

"Remember, kids, how much your parents love you depends on how much they spend on your present." Frost spoke over the intercom.

"Hurry up, Dad, let's go!" A familiar voice called. "Come on, I want a ride!"

The young, ginger-haired, girl nearly ran right into Scott, since she wasn't looking in front of her. "Lucy! Neil!"

"Scott Calvin," Neil said. "Odd place to run into you."

"Luce?"

"What's up, Mr Calvin?" Lucy said. She turned to Neil. "Can we please go?"

Neil and Lucy started to walk off, but Scott stopped them. "Wait, wait, wait. What happened between you and Laura?"

"I know you think therapy is like witchcraft, but you might consider it," Neil suggested.

"Please, please, just tell me," Scott pleaded.

"You don't really know because you were never around." Neil stated. "It shouldn't be any news to you, Scott. You were never a father to Charlie and Y/N. You put all the pressure on me, and guess what? They didn't want me to be their father... which messed things up pretty good between me and Laura. Want me to go on, Scott?"

"Come on, Dad, the line's getting longer," Lucy urged. Neil and Lucy left Scott alone.

"Excuse me, sir," A voice piped up. Scott turned around and came face to face with Curtis and Bernard.

"Curtis! Bernard!"

"Yes, sir," Bernard nodded, confirming their names to Scott. "Can I offer you two tickets for a turn to build a toy with Santa's elves?"