9.

"OK, so, the Mississippi factory needs to know if we want them to ship 100,000 units or 200,000," The man began. "They won't ship tomorrow because it's Christmas, but they will ship Thursday, which means-"

Scott looked around in confusion. He looked down at his body, almost not recognizing himself. No beard? His white hair was replaced with brown. And, his warm, comfy, chubby bod had shriveled into a thin, lean build. He looked at the man who was talking to him. "They're not gonna ship tomorrow?"

"Yes, sir."

"This is Christmas Eve?" Scott asked.

"Yes, sir."

"What are you doing?" Scott asked in bewilderment. "Why are we working?"

"We always work Christmas Eve," The man said matter-of-factly.

"We do?"

"Of course."

"Well, that... that's ridiculous," Scott stated. "Christmas Eve is when you spend time with your family." Scott paused. "Where's my family tonight?"

"I really don't know, Mr. Calvin." The man answered with a shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you rarely see them and you..." The man gave him a perplexed look. "don't mention them."

"Where are my car keys?"

***

Scott frantically knocked on the door in front of him, desperately hoping that someone would be home. The door opened to reveal Laura, who looked startled by Scott's arrival. "Hey,"

"What are you doing here?" Laura asked in annoyance.

"Well, I just came over to see-"

"See what?" Laura cut him off. "Why on earth would you drag yourself all the way over here?"

The sound of a car horn interrupted their conversation. "Is that Derek?" Charlie hopped down the stairs, unaware of his dad's presence.

"No," Laura answered. "And you're not going out tonight."

"Yeah, OK," Charlie rolled his eyes. He paused as he caught sight of Scott. "Dad? What are you doing here?"

"Came over to see you," Scott answered.

"Why?"

"Cause we don't see each other enough," Scott said.

"What?"

"Come on, Charlie," Laura urged, trying to get him in the house.

"I'm outta here," Charlie said.

"Charlie, it's Christmas Eve," Laura stated as Charlie pushed past her and Scott.

"Like either of us care, Mom?" Charlie scoffed.

"Charlie,"

"What?"

"Come back here. Charlie!" Laura shouted, but he was already in the car and had driven off.

"Good night, Scott," Laura sighed.

"Wait, wait!" Scott rushed. "Can you help me find Carol?"

"Carol?"

"Carol Newman."

"Carol Newman, the principal of Charlie's school?" Laura asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Do you know where she is?" Scott asked.

"I don't know. She moved away," Laura answered. "Ran out of local kids to terrify, I guess. I don't know. What is the matter with you?"

"Where's Y/N?" Dad asked. "She'll listen to me. Is she in there with you?"