Triggers

Warning: there is some language in this chapter, sorry.

Chapter 8: Triggers

I kiss Chess goodbye. When I pull away she smiles at me.

"Have fun, don't forget me while you're in Europe." She says.

I will. Ta ta!

Shut it.

Edgar grabs my arm and begins to pull me towards the terminal, "Bye Chess! I'll send you a postcard!" Outwardly, he sounds cheerful.

He's pissed, what do I do if Edgar's pissed?

You're gonna die, crumb cake.

The second we are out of Chess's view Edgar slams me against the wall, "What the hell Jason??? Are you trying to mentally destroy her, you selfish bastard?"

I cringe at his words, Edgar has never talked like this to me before.

Fight back you pathetic tool.

I- I-

"How dare you Jason! IT'S ALREADY BAD ENOUGH AND YOU HAD TO PULL THAT STUPID STUNT OF SAYING THAT YOU LOVE HER!!!"

My brain goes foggy, and Edgar's enraged face starts to look like my father's.

Daddy. No, I didn't mean-

Kill him! Kill him now!

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?"

By instinct I fall to the floor and put my hands over my head. I accidentally let a few sobs escape through my mouth and I brace myself for punishment.

You are a disappointment.

Instantly a shaky hand rests on my arm.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. Jason?" Edgar crouches down and pries my hands open, "Jason it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." I could now see his warm expression, and it starts to calm me down.

Don't trust him anymore.

"C'mon Jason, let's go," he offers me his arm and I grab it. He pulls me up off the floor and leads me toward the hallway on the right.

Chess is going to be so hurt when she thinks you died. Just a reminder.

Waiting for us at the door of the transport was none other than August Brooks. He was frowning slightly so I can't help but assume he heard Edgar screaming at me.

I walk past him with a slight attempt of a smile. He gives me one in return.

He knows. He knows we're unsteady. He's going to blame Edgar.

I maneuver to my seat, even though I noticed August grab Edgar's sleeve and hold him back.

After a couple minutes August comes and sits in the spot next to me.

"Wasn't that spot meant for Edgar?" I say, trying to not sound worried.

"Edgar has flight sickness, so he's going to be sitting in the front of the ship."

"Oh."

Lies!

"Are you sure you're ready for this Jason?" August puts a hand on my arm.

Gaaaaay!

You managed to recover fast.

What can a subconscious say? You recover, I recover.

"I've recovered, I'll be fine." I tell August.

He sighs, then nods at some lady next to him that I didn't even know was standing there.

She leaves the ship, a few seconds later I hear the the explosion, and then I feel it.

Destroyed, just like your hopes and dreams.

The explosion came from the plane Edgar and I were supposedly on.

August said faking our deaths was top priority.

"Take off please." August says into his walkie talkie.

Our ship ascends.

Poor Chess. Heartbroken.

~~~~
GET EXCITED! Natalie will be in the next chapter!!!