Caught

TRAVIS' POV
Oh my god. Did Sally really just save me from father yet again? This boy is an angel, truely sent down from the heavens.

We start to make our way out the door and just as I'm about to shut it, I can see a grin on father face. A shiver is immediately sent down my spine but my thoughts are immediately pushed away when Sal grabs my hand to take me back to the appartments.

This is the first time in my life I have ever disobeyed father at such a level, I start to panic thinking about what he'll do to me when I get home. My heart rate skyrockets and my breathing follows, I'm taking as many breaths as possible and yet I still feel as if I am being choked.

"Sal, I don't think I can do this. I have to turn back, what if-"

"Hey, I'm not going to stop you from going back to your house but I really think you should just come with me for a bit! Maybe it'll take your mind of the bullies!"

Yeah, the bullies. Little does he know the only bully is fucking father. I'm not really sure if I should stay or go, if I go home then I'm inevitably going to be beat up but if I go with Sal and then go home later I'm just making my punishment worse.

"Thank you for everything Sal but I think I'm going to head home, fath- I mean my dad is p-probably worried so I should head home."

"Okay, if that's how you feel!"
I wish he knew the truth but I don't have the guts to tell him, maybe one day I won't be such a pussy.

SAL'S POV

Travis seems to be putting on a mask, even around me now. Something he's told me doesn't add up though. The bruises? The bullies? Cuts? Getting bullied doesn't typically lead you to become a bully, especially when the bullying is still happening. Who would bully Travis anyways? Almost everyone is scared of him... it just doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure if he's lied to me or I'm just missing one key thing but all I know is that I wouldn't want to be in a house around Mr fucking Phelps. I don't really know what's going on with Trav bc he doesn't seem to wanna talk about it, it's always 'Stop with the interrogating'.

I wonder if I should talk to Larry about it? I feel bad for not talking to him lately since this is the longest we have gone without talking since we met. Maybe I should shoot him a message?

420 💨💨

Hi Lar, I'm so sorry for what
happened a few days ago, I
was just trying to stick up for
Trav, I think he's going through
a lot lately.
Read  3:17

No, I should be the one that's sorry
Sal. I was just tryna look out for you
man. I didn't realise what I was doing.
Read: 3:23

Are we all good now man? You
wanna talk when I get back to
the apartments?
Read: 3:26

Man I would love to but I'm j at
Ash's place rn. Hang later?
Read: 3:27

Sure dude, lmk!
Read: 3:31

TRAVIS' POV
I slowly approach the door, my heart racing. I hope this time the ambulance won't be involved. To my surprise no one was in the living room. Maybe I had hit the jackpot? As I approach the stairs I can hear scuffling, was someone in my room?

I run up the stairs, though, careful to make as minimal noise as possible and to my absolute horror I see father going through my backpack.

I feel a rush of relief flow through me when I see nothing on the floor yet, I quickly run in when he looks up.

"Ah, there's my son! Did you have fun on your walk?"

"Um"

"No need to answer! It's all okay, I was able to find your glasses case! I didn't know you needed glasses considering we have never taken you to see anyone for them."

"W-wait did y-yo-"

"Take your shirt off right fucking now."

"B-but I-"

"TAKE IT OFF RIGHT NOW OR I'LL DO IT FOR YOU."

I slowly started to lift my shirt, I couldn't even fathom the amount of shit I just got myself into. Not only did he find my hiding spot, he's about to see bandages all over me.

TW//: SH
"Are you fucking kidding? How weak are you so fucking weak that not only do you bandage up minor wounds, you cut yourself too??! WHAT KIND OF CHILD ARE YOU?! YOU LIKE PAIN THAT MUCH?"

"I-I'm sorry s-s-sir but"

"NO BUTS. IF YOU LIKE PAIN SO MUCH, WHY DONT I JUST HELP YOU OUT?"

He rushed over to me, and started to rip off all of the bandages Sal had been kind enough to wrap me in. All of the healing wounds are now open and exposed, something which will indefinitely lead to infection. All I could focus on was the knife in his hand, just how much did he plan on doing to me?

As the final bandage came off, I was ready for a stab, maybe even a punch. Something I was not ready for was my own father, my own blood holding my arm down and cutting me.

The pain I felt was unimaginable, sure, I had been doing this to myself for years but it felt like my whole arm was going to fall off. It feels like my own father is sawing my arm off, about to hit bone. This whole slicing motion was repeated everywhere, or at least that's what I think. Thankfully after about two slices, I passed out.

I awoke to lying down on my bedroom floor with pools of blooding surrounding me. I can barely open my eyes at this point, I feel like I'm about to pass out again or completely die from blood loss. With my last ounce of strength, I pick up my phone and call Sal. Maybe I should have just stayed with him.