5- The Spirit Of Competition

(TW!! Drinking, there is no specified drinking laws in republic city so we're just gonna go with it.)

Your POV

I woke up the next morning still in my dress from the night before, cradled in Bolin's arms. I attempted to wriggle free from the warm embrace trying not to wake him up and I managed to do so. I headed to my room and changed into some more comfortable clothes because believe it or not, sleeping in a corset all night is not very comfortable. I headed back into the living room and Bolin was still fast asleep, his hair was messy and Pabu had somehow found his way into my apartment and fell asleep beside Bolin. I started by gently shaking him in attempt to wake him up but when that didn't work I kicked the side of the couch, startling him and causing him to fall off.

"Not cool!"

"I know!" 

"Hey do you have any-?"

"In my closet there's a whole bag of clothes you've left here."

"Thank-you so much!" 

Bolin's POV

I head into Y/n's bedroom and dig through her closet, eventually finding a plastic bag with some of my clothes in it. As I turn to leave her room I notice a leather book on her nightstand. A piece of paper was sticking out of it so I decided to take a quick look at it. I quietly slipped the paper out of the book and take a look. It was a pencil drawing, of me! I knew Y/n was an artist. she drew all our posters for probending. I didn't know she drew me though. It was a good drawing, like really good. I tucked the drawing into my pocket and changed into my regular clothes and head back out.

Your POV

"I should probably head back before Mako gets worried, I'll see you later yeah?"

"See ya!"

Next day 

I decided to pay a visit to my favourite avatar and wish her luck before the match. I helped her and the airbender kids with some chores around the island, one of which being feeding the flying lemurs.

"So how's it going with you and that tall dreamy firebender boy?" Jinora asked.

"Well uh-" Korra started but I cut her off.

"Oh it's going great with them, I'm talking high-school romance."

"But he's dating Asami."

"That's my point! You're the main character, Mako's the popular dude that every girl has a crush on except the supportive best-friend aka: yours truly and Asami is the popular girl obstacle! It makes perfect sense!" 

"That's so true! The popular girl will inevitably break up with the popular guy, leaving him open for the main character!" Jinora further proved my point.

"Hah! If you wanna talk about high-school romance, ask about her and Bolin!" The two airbender girls looked at me with starry eyes. "I saw you two at the gala, it was like Romeo and Juliet all over again!"

"That story was about a three day relationship which ended with both of them killing themselves and also I don't think we're gonna work out." 

"Awww why not? You two are literally perfect for eachother!"

"He's in love with someone else." I scaled up the side of the tree to pull up the fruit basket for the lemurs.

"Who? Please tell me supportive best-friend!"