8 - Faint Freckles

Also a PSA! I will be changing "Madelyn's"(the FMC) into the name into "Mara". Simply because I don't like the name Madelyn anymore and it doesn't fit the story. And to note that the previous chapters have been altered, so RIP Mads x

MARA

"Follow me." The tanned tall man says firmly.
I obviously follow so I don't get myself in any trouble, something about that man is troubling and that scar....

And why would he shoot that poor innocent man?

We get up the stairs that appeared outside the cold dark room I was kept in and then we enter to an area that actually has a bright light and I'm examining my surroundings thoroughly.

Currently behind the man with amber eyes, I glanced down at the floor to see grey marble flooring that is beautifully glistening because the circled lights from the ceiling, and the walls ever so white like snow. And that's not even the best past, as we go further down the hallway is a bright light beaming and it's hanging from the ceiling above the grey couches along the walls, it's gorgeous, it's like diamonds hanging down the ceiling. I've never seen anything like this before.

This man is wealthy, good for him.

He stops which automatically makes me stop too but I bump into him because I'm too busy admiring his home to noticed that he stopped with his chest facing me, my face slaps right into his hard firm chest and my palms on his man bosoms. He looks down at me with a cold icy look. I instantly take my hands off him and step away.

"I-I'm so sorry, Sir." I say apologetically but the man just rolls his eyes rudely.
"I have rules." He states without finishing, I simply nod for him to continue.
"You as my housekeeper...will have to work for me as long as I want you to, and you must never go to my specific area unless I tell you to." He declares and he points to another hallway which is pitch black which automatically makes me not want to go there but my curiosity will tempt me to go through the pits of hell.

"Do I make myself clear?" He discloses.
I nod. Suddenly he moves closer to me and puts his cold hard inked hands on my hips which led me to be firmly pushed against the wall and be trapped by his large form of a body. I grow tense and my body shivers as he looks me dead in the eyes and moves his head to ear and whispers.

"Because if not freckles, I'll have to haunt your nightmares ad on top of that you won't live another day like my old housekeeper as she kept sticking her nose where it didn't belong."

My breath grows heavy and unable gather oxygen as he strokes my hips with his thumbs on each side.

He takes one of his inked hand off my right hip and his other inked hand remaining on my left hip. He puts his hand into his pocket of his black slacks to reveal my pink inhaler that he previously threw away behind him. He injects the inhaler in my mouth and pumps it, I grab a hold of the inhaler as I'm desperate for air, he then smirks.

"Easy there, freckles." He takes his grip off of the inhaler. "Where you from?" He asks.

Think Madelyn! Think! What the closest state to Florida..?

"South Carolina." The words flick out of tongue so smoothly as if I wasn't lying to him.

I'm not the biggest fan of fibbing but somethings you kinda have to do.

I pump a few more in my mouth and then exhale harshly for when I release the inhaler from my mouth.

In and out just like Papa used to say.

The man who is trapping me with his figure moves separate his lips to speak.
"Name." He says with demand and I freeze for a moment until I open my mouth.
"Adelyn." I say confidently. I know it's bad to lie but I don't want to know as Mara no more. New city, new name.

Out of nowhere I hear a female voice so I turn my head to see who it is and he releases me from his large body"

"Nico baby how could you do this to me?!" The petite woman winces.