Running Errands

New chapter out.

This was originally going to be longer, but work is taking up too much of my time. So, I'm going to split this into two.

Art, gifs not mine.

Enjoy!

Clak, clik

Nobody said anything as they uneasily ate.

'The atmosphere is so thick you can cut it with a knife.'

Aether thought to himself.

For some reason, after Childe had introduced Miss Zhongli (M/N) underwent a 180-degree personality swing the moment he saw her.

"...Is there something wrong, my good sir?"

Said woman was bewildered by the male stare.

Had they met before?

"No." He gritted out. "Nothing is wrong."

His strained smile said otherwise.

Zhongli was confused.

Why was he treating her like an enemy?

Did their paths cross? Did she slight his family in some way?

"So..." Paimon butted in, unable to take it anymore. "Who is she, anyways?"

'Thank you Paimon!'

Childe and Aether thought to themselves.

"As I mentioned before, she's an associate of the Fatui."

"...Meaning?"

Aether drawled out.

"Wangsheng line of work can be rather...sensitive at times." Zhongli admitted.

"They know the meaning of the 'discrete.'" Childe took over. "And the Fatui have always been friends with those who walk in the shadows."

"Wa-Walk in the shadows?"

Paimon shook.

"It is an honor to meet you." Zhongli spoke, a smirk on her face. "I have heard tell of you from Mondstadt."

"Discretion...shadows." Paimon face grew more and more terrified with each word. "You have some sort of dealing with people?"

Here Aether tensed, waiting for her response.

"Indeed, it as you gu-"

"It's a funeral parlor."

(M/N) interrupted, not in the mood for games.

"...Eh?"

Paimon blinked.

"You can't be serious?"

Aether deadpanned.

"Why did you have to spoil my fun?"

Zhongli pouted.

(M/N) ignored how cute it made her look.

"Look, can you help us or not?"

(M/N) growled.

"Yes." Zhongli started. "Even though Rex Lapis is the Lord of Geo, he too is an adeptus. Thus, the Rite of Parting must be prepared for him."

'That's gotta be a new one.' (M/N) deadpanned to himself. 'Holding your own funeral for a not dead guy.'

"As per Liyue tradition." Zhongli continued. "A huge memorial service is held to mark the passing of every adeptus. But in this case, the Liyue Qixing has hidden the Exuvia instead of continuing the tradition."