Temple of the Wolf

Welcome to another chapter of Genshin Impact. This chapter was actually going to be written at a later date, but I'm in a good mood right now.

Will explain at the end of the chapter.

For now, Enjoy!

Step, step

Was the sound of (M/N) and Kaeya footsteps as they headed towards their destination.

"This is the way right, Captain Kaeya?"

(M/N) asked the stoic, tan (dark skin? Google isn't being clear with that, seems to be divided) male, who has been silent ever since Jean made the teams back in her office.

-Flashback-

"Okay, to speed up time we'll split into two groups." Jean said, "Kaeya and (M/N) will head to the Temple of the Wolf. While, Amber, Aether, and Paimon will head to the Temple of the Falcon."

"Lisa will handle the Temple of the Lion."

"Aw, but Jean dear" Lisa protested, "It seems to be too much work for just one person."

"Unfortunately, I cannot leave Mondstadt at the moment due to negotiating (*Cough* trying not to murder *cough*) with the delegates from Snezhnaya."

Jean apologizes.

Lisa pouted at that.

"Well, I suppose it can't be helped."

"Aether"

(M/N) spoke up, getting the 'youngest' member of the group attention.

"Since you still need to acclimate yourself to this land, how about you go with Lisa after you and Amber handle the Falcon Temple?"

"Hmmm" Aether mused, pondering on that suggestion. On one hand, it might do some good to have a local help him understand the Nation of Freedom and beyond that Teyvat as well.

...But on the other hand, he was afraid she was going to Ara Ara him during the mission.

"Don't worry" Jean cut in, gaining his attention. She had a feeling she knew what he was thinking. "Lisa will be on her best behavior, won't you LISA?"

The level of emphasize she put at the last part of her sentence could not be missed.

Pouting, Lisa complied "All right, all right I'll keep it to a minimum."

"...Ok then" Aether said, "I'll go help out Lisa in the Temple of the Lion after Amber and I deal with our current temple."

"Then it's settled" Jean said, "I wish you all luck, and may the Anemo Archon protect you."

As everyone started to leave, she made eye contact with Kaeya.

This is your chance to ask the questions you want.

Was the unspoken sentence between them. Jean knew, after learning the truth about his origins, that he wanted to find out more about his fellow survivors and the new home they built.

But the only way for him to know is to talk directly to the source.

Which is way she paired him and (M/N) up. She noticed something she didn't before. The air around Kaeya, felt calm, almost peaceful. Before, she now realizes, there was always a heavy air around him despite his smile. Like he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.

'Now, that I know the truth I understand why.' She thought to herself. Despite what she implied earlier; she wasn't going to punish him harshly for spying on them. Regardless of the rules concerning that kind of thing.