T W E N T Y T W O

DIAPHANOUS:
Delicate, translucent, very lightweight
•──────────•

HADES POV

He never listened. I took my time swiping the wet rag over the blade of the knife nibbling on my bottom lip, the swanky young man stretched forward another knife to me. I shook my head, "You never listen, Zeus."

The man froze but quickly covered it up, I could feel him even a mile away. Shifting his soul into the body of unsuspecting human was his way of watching and controlling me like he always did again.

"Are you going to keep pretending you're not here? You know I can see the blue energy of your soul." I neatly arranged the knives and moved to the spears.

Maybe I was sick but I got pleasure from visiting the weaponry room, taking my time to pay them extra attention since I had decided to stop tormenting the humans—the face of a particular former redhead flashed in my head every time I thought to strike. It made me uneasy, especially after everything I and my family out her through—my family than me.

"You let me stay for a week." Finally. He gave up the cover, I turned, cocked my head to the side and listened to Zeus' voice pour out of the man's throat.

It was going to take a lot of life energy on the poor human, and they called me the villain, the God Of The Sky was here taking advantage of unsuspecting humans.

"Did I? Or did I take a week coming up with ideas on how to make you feel the pain of refusing a direct order of a king in his kingdom." I traced the head of the spear, moonlight glistened through the window bouncing off it. I knew ways to hurt him since I couldn't kill him, trust me if I could I would.

A sinister part of me had the urge to ask Onyx if she knew since she knew a way to push me into a coma, hell knew if I hadn't moved fast and connected us I would have been history now. Not dead but a fate worse than death. While mistletoe worked on me something else worked on Zeus, different poisons for different Gods.

"Lift the banishment." An order, he wasn't asking, that was what made me chuckle.

I walked quietly to another spear and snapped my fingers at the man, he held the bowl of water up. "And why would I do that?"

"We are your family, Hades." To anyone a warm fuzzy feeling would wash over them but not me, I knew well enough I was only family when it was beneficial to them. The banishment meant Zeus couldn't know what was going on in the underworld, it meant he couldn't control everything I was doing.

He wouldn't be able to stick his nose in here and that alone made him skittish. I enjoyed watching people in pain, he enjoyed controlling people.

"You disrespected her." The warm feeling came except it was anger, and oh, I did have a temper.

A scoff came from my brother, "Don't act like you care about her honor." She better be proud of my control over my anger, it was taking a lot not to shove this spear down the man's throat deep into the soul inhabiting his body just to hurt my brother but each time I took a step towards that idea her disapproving glare came into my mind, and what was than her disapproval was disappointment.

After everything you refused to change. She would say with her eyes.

"It's not an act, brother." I gritted, the idiot obviously ignored my anger and continued with his stupid remarks.

He scoffed even louder. "You have humiliated her, insulted her, way worse than any of us has." I internally cringed at the awful memories. Not my proudest moments, but in my defense she did show up out of nowhere and my siblings didn't help the matter by declaring she was created for me like a little girl that needed a special edition of her doll.