N I N E

Leto:
To intentionally cause an end to another's existence in violence and abrupt fashion.
•─────✧─────•

Chapter 9: The Earthquake.

ONYX'S POV.

"Of course, my lovely brother wouldn't let me get a body massage peacefully" Hades sighs and gestures for me to move away.

Zeus glares at his brother in anger, "You shouldn't force people to do things they don't want to! They aren't your puppets!"

"Oh Zeus, always the preacher" Hades hugs a pillow as he stares at his brother with a smirk, "She's my gift and I choose how to use my gift" I move closer to the door, "Too many people died yesterday"

Hades shrugs, "People died and you don't even care?!" I jump at Zeus' anger, I've never seen him this angry. He seems to be tired of Hades' behavior.

"Why should I care? I caused their deaths!" Hades stands up and I rush out of the room. I'm not interested in being part of their argument.

"Red..." I ignore Mara as I continue my chores, "Come on, talk to me." Mara's pleas fall on deaf ears.

I feel her fingers on my shoulder and I face her with a frustrated look, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I couldn't. It's in the nature of ghosts to disappear once they feel Hades' presence. I'm sorry" my expression softens then I hug her.

"Oh it was terrible"

"What did he ask you to do?"

"I gave him a body massage" the feeling of skin lingers on my fingers. "And how as it?"

"Terrible" I lie. "You know I thought Hades killed you" I randomly say after an hour of playfulness.

"Oh, heaven's no! If he did I wouldn't be here" I furrow my eyebrow.

"Anyone Hades kills never finds peace. They wander Earth without anyone noticing their presence, they are usually alone people walk through them causing them immense pain. Gosh, it's terrible. They wander for 30 years until they're gone," Mara explains.

"You seem to know a lot about it" I raise an eyebrow. "He killed my brother," She says with a smile, I gasp "Oh, I'm s--"

"Don't you dare apologize. I'm glad that bastard will find no peace." She smirks. "oh, I'm guessing you weren't close to him"

"Nope! He was always the favorite child. And he wasn't even the nicest around, he was always the golden egg" she rolls her eyes, "I hope he disappearance causes him pain" she says bitterly.

"So how did you end up here?" She asks and I frown realizing I have no idea how I got here. "I touched a painting and I appeared here"

"Really?" I nod and she laughs "Well I guess this place is better than where you came from" is it? Is it better than my home? I don't even have a home all I had was a shelter before I appeared here.

"What makes you think this place is better?"

"You're my best friend Onyx, and I'm not blind I can see the scars on your skin even though you try your best to hide them"