E I G H T E E N

Ravi:
Experiencing a deeply contented and satisfied feeling, arising from a consciousness of well-being.
•─────✧─────•
The thoughts.

ONYX'S POV.

"And that's how you ended up in Persephone's mansion," Gary explains and leaves Hades and me alone.

An awkward silence fills the room considering we both discovered things before he was taken. "What did the shapeshifter do?" Hades asks.

"Things you wouldn't do in a million years," I answer truthfully, Hades narrows his crystal eyes, "What did he do?" He presses on.

 "He apologized! He apologized for killing my mother since he was trying to act like you but clearly failed since I caught on" Hades raises his eyebrows in understanding.

"Where were you?" Hera demands, "I went to save the real Hades since his own siblings didn't notice nothing was wrong with him" I answer. 

Hera looks at Hades and raises an eyebrow in surprise, he wiggles his fingers at her with a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry--" I stand up before she could complete her sentence, "sorry I wore your clothes I'll pull them off and return them" my voice comes out unintentionally cold.

I lay on my bed and wonder why Gary isn't in my room. I get up and look for him, I see him at the gate.

"Where are you going?" I ask, he has tears in his eyes, "Hades is home. You don't need me anymore," I pull him into a hug.

"That's not true, you're very important to me"

"How can you say that? You don't even know me," his voice cracks, and my heart aches for him.

"Why don't we get to know each other. Besides I don't want you to go, Hades being home doesn't change anything. If anything it adds to the list of things I'll cry about"

"If you hate him so much why did you help him?" Gary asks, "it was the right thing to do"

"Or you actually love him and you're pretending to not" I send him a deadly glare.

Gary follows behind me, "Thank you"

"For?"

"For needing me and not sending me away, now I want ice-cream!" 

"I don't own an ice cream but I'm sure Hades has one--" I say to him and giggle a little.

"Fantastic! Another way to make him mad,"

"Gary, it's a bad idea to make Hades mad--" I run after Gary, "oh yeah? What's he going to do?"

"I could hang your skin on the wall and wear your canines as a necklace" Hades deep voice says behind us, "I dare you" Gary growls, Hades rolls his eyes.

"I don't fight with kids" Gary growls before he rolls his eyes and takes a bowl of ice cream and stabs with a scoop.

Hades glares at Gary as he takes a scoop into his mouth, "You're acting like kids" I mumble as I heat up a plate of spaghetti.

A yawn escapes my lips as I wait for the spaghetti. "Did you have any sleep?" 

I shake my head at Hades questions, "She wanted to save you for some unknown reason" Hades sends Gary a glare but he ignores it and continues taking the ice cream.

"You should have an appropriate amount of sleep--"

"Thanks, Hades, I'll remember that the next time I decide to save you" I close my eyes an image of a knife appears, I snap my eyes open immediately and shake my head.

I return the spaghetti in the fridge and walk to my room, why would I imagine a knife?

I lay on my bed again, and sleep.

Later in the night, I feel arms wrap around me but before I wake up the next morning they are gone only leaving a lingering scent of a cigar.

"Gooooood Moooorning!" Gary announces the moment I snap my eyes open, "Why do you have to be so loud?" I push my head deeper into the pillow.

"Because I want tooooo!" 

"Shout one more time! I dare you!" I threaten in a deadly voice and I cover my mouth in terror.

"Wow, I never knew you could be so deadly" Gary smirks, "I'm so sorry, I don't know what got into me" I close my eyes and I get an image of the same knife.

"Don't sweat it, it was hot though" I grimace at Gary who shrugs and Yanks the cover off me, "Time a bath, time for breakfast"

In the shower, the knife appears again, this time it isn't one, it's up to a hundred they all have strange markings. I wrap the towel around my body knowing I need enough rest that's why I'm hallucinating a knife.

Putting on a pink dress, I walk to the dining room where Gary and Hades are glaring at each other. I sit numbly, "Are you okay Onyx?"

"Do I look okay?!" I snap at Hades, "Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me. I need enough sleep" I say, and rest my head on the table, food is delivered on the table.

My eyes move to the table, I stare at the knife and I can't help but compare it to the other knife. I eat my breakfast in a rush.

I flip through the pages of a book, but each page just shows the knife I throw the book on the floor in anger.

I hold my head when I hear little whispers with visions of the knife. "Onyx!" Gary comes to my side and holds me.

"What's wrong?" The whispers disappear and the knife leaves too, everything returns to normal.

I look at Gary and shake my head "Nothing, I was just playing a song in my head" I dust myself, "Are you sure?" I nod.

We hear a commotion and we leave the library, "Seriously? You're still killing people?!" Hades rolls his eyes at Zeus.

Hades' shirt is stained with a red color, and a strong smell is coming from his shirt. "She saved your life! And you're going to repay her by killing humans?!" Hades balls his fist up.

"I didn't beg her to save me!" Hades snaps, "You're so ungrateful, I really wish she didn't. I wish Persephone--" Hades throws a punch at Zeus.

"I didn't cry to her to save me, I could have saved myself. Besides I didn't complain about being uncomfortable where I was. I'm going to kill humans until I'm satisfied!"

He isn't going to stop, he's going to continue killing people.

I shouldn't have gone to help him!

There's only one way to end this.

I have to kill Hades!