T H I R T E E N

Stelliferous:
Having or abounding with the stars.
•─────✧─────•
Chapter 13: The killer.

ONYX'S POV.

"I don't understand why you are avoiding and ignoring me" Savannah's lips quivers, I sigh as I feel guilty. She's been trying to speak with me but I haven't paid her any attention.

She wants to be my friend for some reason. I wish to be her friend too but I can't help but feel she's going to be taken away from me, I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump, Savannah stares at the floor playing with her fingers.

"I'm sorry, I'm not good with people" I apologize, "That's okay, I can do all the talking and you can just listen!" Her eyes lits up, I sigh and follow behind her reluctantly.

Savannah pulls me into her room and sits me down on her bed, then she rambles on and on about everything and nothing.

"So how was the kiss?" My eyes snap to her immediately, a grin spreads on her lips as a blush grows on my face.

Clearing my throat I put on an innocent face "What are you talking about?" Savannah chuckles nervously, "I might have stayed to see what was going on- in my defense I wanted to speak with you but I saw you with Hades I thought he was harming you" I raise my eyebrows.

"Okay, but it's super weird to watch people kissing" she waves me off and looks at me expecting an explanation, I bite the inside of my cheeks as I remember his soft lips on mine, the way his handheld my hips tightly, the groan that escaped his lips when I tugged his hair.

"Ahhh, I get it. So it was that good, so have you guys done it?" I frown at her, Savannah stares at unblinking truly it's creepy.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say slowly her face morphs into realization, "I mean have you guys fucked" I throw a pillow at her, then I sigh as I remember Mara she was blunt like that and she didn't care that words like that embarrassed me.

"No, you sound just like Mara" I chuckle, "Who's Mara?" Her eyes hold curiosity, "She was my best friend. Now, why are you here?" I change the topic.

"I exchanged my freedom for my sister's life" she draws patterns on her bedsheets, "Oh, is she okay now?" I ask worriedly.

"Yes, she was dying but now she's okay" she grins then sighs "I can't see her though,"

"Why?" I push my hair behind my ear,  "she's alive and I have to be a maid or she dies" Savannah explains, suddenly she pulls her blinds down with aggression.

"Why did you--"

"The cold was much" it wasn't, but I shrug after all it's her room, "So how did you end here and fucking the Lord of the underworld"

"I entered a painting" her laughter roars in the quiet room she stops when I don't join her "Wow, really? How's that even possible?" I shrug having no explanation either.

"Come on let's go to bed," She says, "Goodnight" I wave, she smiles. I shut the door and walk to my room but I stop when I hear Hades yelling at someone.

"She doesn't deserve to be pulled into our lives!" Hades says angrily.

"You tried to force her back home," Zeus yells back, "Just a month and few weeks of staying and she has already lost someone important to her! Taking her home is the best decision at least it was before the portal vomited her out!" Hera sighs at Hades' words.

"You created her even though I didn't ask you to then put you all the responsibilities on me! She lost her fucking best friend, and now she's scared someone is going to take her friend away from her if she makes another one!" A tear runs down my face.

I'm nothing but a burden, a responsibility. "That doesn't mean you should throw her into a portal she could have died!" Zeus yells at Hades, "Oh, you always find a way to make me seem at fault!"

"Yes! I created her to make you happy but you've done nothing but been a pain in the ass--"

"Oh, God! Just accept you're both wrong!" Hera says and I could imagine her rubbing her forehead tiredly.

"Never!" The brothers yell at each other. I walk away from the argument after I hear a crash.

I lay down on my bed as I cry, I miss Mara. What would have been her reaction if she heard Hades and I kiss?

The same Hades that sees me as nothing but a responsibility.

With a yawn I pull the covers off me, the sun is shining the birds are not chirping but it feels nice to imagine them chirp. I wear a yellow sundress but I have to wear a jacket to hide my scars. And pull my head to a side bun.

A knock on my door comes as I put on the leather sandals, today is the off day for all maids and I intend on spending it at a small pond.

Zeus smiles at me, and I awkwardly return the smile. "May I come in?" He asks politely. I nod and open the door wider. "I know you eavesdropped yesterday night" clasp my hands together as I avoid his stare.

"I also know you have a lot of questions" I nod and he grins, "That's why I'd like it if you followed me to my mansion and I'll explain all your unanswered questions" I almost pout as I remember my plans are ruined.

"Sure"

"Let's go" I put my hand into his open palm and my room fades into a hallway. There are paintworks on the walls and lights adorned the ceilings.

Zeus pushed the oak door and leads me in. Two antique couches stood at opposite sides each on the hand-woven rug. Zeus walks to the bar and opens a bottle. He pours the drink into the bottle then shakes it silently asking if I want a drink and I shake my head.

He sits on of the couches and gestures for me to do the same. "My first question; What did Hades mean when he said you created me?" I blurt.

"Well, we all gave you gifts, making you different from other human girls, for example, the piece of moon in your back" my fingers go to my back and Zeus chuckles. "You won't feel it. I'm guessing you're about to ask how you came through the painting" I nod.

"Think of it as a portal,"

"You said Hades was putting me at risk by trying to make me go through a portal but I went through this and I didn't die. Or am I dead?" I ask, it's never occurred to me. I'm in the underworld, a place for the dead!

"No, no. You had a connection with the painting the portal you didn't have one with the portal you were about to through" after asking questions. Zeus returns me to Hades' mansion who looks extremely angry.

"Where the fuck were you?" He yells, Zeus stands in front of me and holds out his palm. "She was with me, calm down!"

"Calm down?! You took her without my permission!" I leave the brothers.

My mind goes to the room I found the portrait of the lady. I open the door and see the room was arranged.

I frown when I realize I'm not going to find the portrait, instead the room is filled with files. I pick a random file curious to find out what the files are for.

A small photograph was stapled to the file, the lady looks familiar. I look at her file, I frown at the red mark on it.

Name: Anna Fields

Age: 22

Crimes: Had an affair with an engaged man

Cause of Death: Childbirth

Real death: Killed.

Hair color: black.

Eye color: Emerald.

My eyes return to the photograph, and I know why she looks familiar.

She is my mother and she was murdered.

I look at other files and see only the files of people killed by Hades are marked red and my mother's file is amongst them.

Hades killed my mother.