Revelations and Familiar Faces

(The Following Morning: Mary Jane's Apartment)

"God, last night was crazy..." Mary Jane muttered to herself, suppressing a yawn as she stretched and slid out of her bed. Walking into her bathroom, Mary Jane quickly fixed her bedhead and brushed her teeth. After she had showered and freshened up, Mary Jane quickly slipped something on and decided to check in on Peter and Gwen. After quietly opening the door to her guest bedroom, Mary Jane poked her head inside. She saw that Peter and Gwen were still fast asleep. But she was surprised to see that both of them were sleeping on the bed, with Gwen snuggling up rather close to Peter. Seeing a scene like this would likely make most people jealous, and any other time Mary Jane would be livid seeing her boyfriend so close to another woman. But given the shared history between Peter and Gwen, and the events that had transpired the previous night, Mary Jane figured that both of them had let out some seriously pent up emotions, she confirmed this after seeing that Gwen's eyes were still slightly red and puffy from crying. Smiling softly, Mary Jane quietly closed the door and walked towards her kitchen. "Guess I'll make some breakfast."

About twenty minutes later, Peter began to wake up, the smell of pancakes and sausage filling his nostrils and stirring him from his slumber. With a long yawn, Peter sat up in the bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Before Peter could move, he heard a soft groan next to him. Looking over, he was momentarily surprised when he saw that Gwen was sleeping next to him, but then he remembered what had happened the night before. When Gwen rolled over, still fast asleep, Peter smiled and brushed some hair out of her sleeping face. Soon the smell of breakfast became too tantalizing and Peter decided it was time to get out of bed. Using his spider-powers, Peter silently crawled out of the bed and onto the ceiling, before dropping onto the floor beside the bed. Peter exited the room after sparing one last glance at Gwen. Walking into the kitchen, Peter saw MJ standing in front of the stove, cooking and humming to herself. The beautiful redhead was dressed in only a large, loose-fitting t-shirt and panties. Peter took a moment to take in how sexy Mary Jane looked, before walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her waist. Mary Jane was momentarily surprised by the sudden embrace but smiled when she saw that it was Peter who was hugging her.

"Morning MJ..." Peter said with a smile as he placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"Morning tiger..." Mary Jane said with a slight smirk, turning her head to give Peter a brief kiss on lips. "Breakfast will be ready in a minute, so why don't you take a seat at the table."

"Sounds great." Peter said as he let go of Mary Jane and walked over to where the dining table was, seeing that his girlfriend had already set out three plates, silverware, syrup and butter, and some orange juice. Smiling at the well-prepared table, Peter pulled out a chair and took a seat. "How'd you sleep MJ?"

"Not bad, considering what happened last night. I'm still having a hard time believing Gwen is really here with us." Mary Jane replied, walking over and setting down two plates, one piled high with pancakes and the other full of sausage links. The redhead sat down next to Peter and quickly fixed herself a plate. "Where is Gwen by the way?"

"She's still asleep..." Peter said before he spread some butter and syrup on top of his pancakes. "I didn't want to wake her up, she went through a lot yesterday, so I figured she could use the extra rest."

"You went through a lot too Peter..." Mary Jane said in a sympathetic tone, taking a sip of orange juice. "I can't imagine how you felt seeing Gwen after...you know..."

"It was a shock, that's for sure..." Peter said with a sad smile as he stopped eating for a moment. "She may not be the Gwen Stacy that we knew, but she's still Gwen and I'm just happy to see her alive and well, even if she is from another dimension."