Old Flames Burn Bright

"Huh...I got some type of alert from Karen..." Peter said as he turned on his phone and noticed he had missed an alert from the AI. Quickly opening his phone, Peter checked out what he had missed. "Hey, Karen, what's up? It looks like you've been trying to contact me."

"I have! There's been a security breach, Peter! Something entered the tower through the vents and managed to slip past most of our security! I only just caught it! And whatever it is, it's heading straight for your room!"

"Huh!? Are you-" Peter stopped mid-sentence when his spider-sense suddenly started flaring. Fearing that Gwen may be in danger, Peter immediately whipped around to get her to safety. However, what he saw when turned around caused his eyes to widen in shock. The person standing before him wasn't Gwen, at least not entirely. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Peter tightly balled his fist. "You...what the hell are you doing here? Why aren't you with Eddie?"

"Hello, Peter, such a nice welcome after we haven't seen each other in such a long time." Gwenom said in a warped mixture of Gwen and Venom's voices, crossing her arms underneath her chest. The symbiote had successfully fused with Gwen, covering her in a warped version of her costume. Instead of white, the suit was jet black, with what appeared to be a tongue hanging most of the midsection, acting almost like a zipper. Various sharp fangs also jutted out of the suit in several spots, especially around the rim of Gwen's hood. "Before you freak out, Peter...I'm not here to fight you. Eddie's in trouble, we need your help."

"..." Peter said nothing for several moments, simply glaring at the symbiote he had a shaky alliance. However, as Peter's spider-sense began to fade, he could tell that Venom really wasn't here to cause any trouble. Releasing a light sigh, Peter unclenched his fists. "Start talking."

"Sure thing...but..." Gwenom giggled as she gestured toward Peter's lower half. "You may want to put some pants on first, you're still hanging dong."

"Huh..." Peter muttered, quirking an eyebrow as his gaze lowered toward where Gwenom was pointing. His face flushed bright red in embarrassment when he saw that he was still completely naked. Whipping around, Peter quickly grabbed his underwear and a t-shirt off the floor. Once Peter was semi-decent, he recomposed himself and turned back around. "Sorry about that, now tell me why you're here."

"Wilson Fisk..." Gwenon simply replied as her eyes narrowed dangerously, telling Peter how furious the symbiote was. "He's up to something and he's forcing Eddie to help him. We need your help to stop him and free Eddie."

"Wilson Fisk?" Peter repeated, furrowing his brow as he stroked his chin. "I should have known he was up to something when we freed Cindy. But what does he want with Eddie?"

"I can already tell what you're thinking, Peter..." Gwenom said, slowly shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders. "We don't know what Fisk wants with Eddie. Before Kingpin's thugs picked up Eddie, all they said was that Fisk had a 'business opportunity' for him. Other than that, we know nothing. The best we can do is tell you where Eddie currently is."

"Fisk obviously needs Eddie for some serious muscle...and with Goblin still on the loose...this is too much of a coincidence. Goblin has to have found Fisk and is probably working with him..." Peter thought as he released a light sigh and crossed his arms. "No matter the reason, Fisk needing Eddie's help can't be a good thing. So, what's our next play? Do we find Eddie?"