Old Flames Never Die

"Until we get some new information, there's no point in you guys swinging up and down New York looking for Goblin. This city is massive, so you'd just be squandering your time." Miguel replied as he went back to rapidly typing on the keyboard, dozens of new files opening across the computer screen. "For now, you guys can relax, maybe go out on patrol and stop some bad guys. I'll let you all know as soon as I find something out."

"I wish there was something else we could do, but Miguel's right." Gwen said, shrugging her shoulder and releasing a light sigh. "We'd just be wasting time and energy searching street-to-street. Hell, Goblin may not even be in the city anymore."

"Well, we can still stop crimes in the city while we wait. So, we won't be just sitting around doing nothing." Cindy said as she glanced between Peter and Gwen, a small smile on her face. "I do want to go out on patrol with you two, start to get the hang of this whole superhero thing."

"I like the sound of that." Peter said, raising his wrist and checking his remaining web fluid. "We can bring Miles too once he's all ready. He needs to learn the ropes too." Popping out an empty web cartridge, Peter grabbed a fresh one off his belt and placed it into his web shooter. "Why don't we rest up for a bit, then head out in like an hour or two?"

"That works for me, chilling out for a bit sounds amazing." Cindy said as she began to walk toward the lab's exit. "I'll be in the common area watching some TV, come get me when you're ready to go."

"Will do." Peter said with a wave, before turning to face Gwen. "What're you gonna do Gwen? Kick back and relax too?"

"As nice as that sounds, I have something I need to do first." Gwen said in a surprisingly quiet tone as a faint blush spread across her face. Peter was surprised when Gwen suddenly reached out and gently gripped his hands. Both Gwen and Peter locked eyes, intimately staring at each other for a few moments. "Can we talk, Peter? Somewhere private if possible."

"Uh sure thing, Gwen..." Peter said in a somewhat nervous tone, starting to blush himself as he felt his heartbeat quicken. "We can talk in my room. No one will bother us in there."

"That sounds good." Gwen said with a small smile as she gave Peter's hand a quick squeeze. "Lead the way."

Still holding Gwen's hand, Peter led her through the winding halls of Avenger's Tower. An awkward silence fell over Gwen and Peter as they found themselves back outside the building's dormitories. Standing outside the door with Peter's name on it, the wall-crawler flashed Gwen a clumsy smile before stepping into his room. With how similar this dimension's Peter was to her own, Gwen wasn't surprised to see that room was somewhat messy and filled with various 'nerdy' objects. Gwen couldn't help but smile as she felt a familiar and comforting sensation as she stepped into the bedroom.

"Wow, it's almost like I never left my dimension..." Gwen muttered underneath her breath, performing a slow spin and gazing all around the room. Spotting a section of the room littered with various types of Avengers memorabilia, Gwen smirked as she picked up an Iron Man action figure. Gwen whipped toward Peter and pressed a button on the figure's back, causing different parts of it to light up and make laser noises. "Are you an Avengers fanboy?"

"I wouldn't say that I'm a fanboy per se. I was a teenager when I got my powers and became Spider-Man...and the Avengers had always been an inspiration for me...I mean who wouldn't want to be one of 'Earth's Mightiest Heros'? Plus since I'm an Avenger myself now...I got a lot of that stuff for free." Peter said with a faint blush as he felt a twinge of embarrassment, taking the action figure from Gwen and setting it back down. Walking over to his unkempt bed, Peter made it somewhat presentable before sitting on its edge. "Sorry about the mess, I'm not here too often, so I don't really bother cleaning up."